X-Post, exciting news today/ tummy tuck time

Linda B.
on 11/7/13 3:28 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I don't want to make this a long story, but I was cruising the internet a couple of weeks ago, and discovered that a relatively local clinical research facility was looking for people seeking a tummy tuck or breast lift. Well, Mike & I inquired about the details, and today we were both accepted into the study. These will not be extended, but mini tt's. While the extended tt or body lower body lift would have been my first choice, the budget just can't be stretched that much (unlike the loose skin).

So, my surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, and Mike's will be a week later (if he can get the time off). Since Mike is new to his job, he won't be able to take me, so a trusted neighbor is driving me down, Mike will pick me up after work. The Dr. said I should be able to drive in a few days or as soon as I'm off pain meds. I hope I bounce back quickly.

Oh, the study is to see if a new surgical blood clotting solution is effective. The study is in phase 3, so it has already been tested, but to get FDA approval, the manufacturer needs to have a larger patient pool. The only costs we will have are a few days off work, compression garments, and pain meds. I'll let you know how it goes.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Price S.
on 11/7/13 8:59 pm - Mills River, NC

What a deal.  for that, I may even go under the knife again?  congrats and good luck!  You will be fitting in those skating suits so much better although you looked super before!!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

southernlady5464
on 11/7/13 9:45 pm

Good luck...

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Huneypie
on 11/7/13 9:52 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Wow that sounds awesome. I really look forward to seeing some before and after pics.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

lerkhart
on 11/8/13 1:35 am

Good luck Linda!!

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 543 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views