X-Post, new ice skates and revised goal weight

Linda B.
on 2/5/13 9:19 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Not long after I started this journey, there was a post about rewarding ourselves for goals that were not food related. I decided I wanted new ice skates when I got to goal. Well I started adult lessons in December, and it was evident that my 23 year old skates were just worn out. So, being close to goal, DH and I discussed new skates for Christmas. They needed to be ordered for me, and I picked them up Saturday. What a difference. They still need some break in time, but after skating in them just twice, all I can say is wow. Now, time to relearn much of what had been forgotten over the years, and to do what I couldn't do because of the weight.

I have also revised my goal weight up a little bit. When I first decided on a goal, it was based on a guess of what I would need to weigh to fit into a particular item that has been in my closet for many, many years. The real goal has always been based on that item. So, I tried on my old skating dress a few days ago, and I am almost there. I think just a few more pounds and it will happen. I also like the way I look and feel. I don't want to get too skinny and end up looking unhealthy. I may revise the goal again at some point, but for now, I'll go with my adjustment.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MacMadame
on 2/5/13 3:16 pm - Northern, CA

What kind did you get I have Kingbeils!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Linda B.
on 2/6/13 4:28 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I got Jackson Competitors, way nicer than my old ones from JC Penney.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

MacMadame
on 2/6/13 6:34 am - Northern, CA

I'll say they are way nicer!

My first skates were from Sears, btw. I was 13. LOL

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jody ***
on 2/5/13 6:26 pm, edited 2/5/13 6:26 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Let your body decide when to stop and don't force it to stop.  There are people here who have done that are were sorry they didn't listen to their bodies and take advantage of the benefits of their surgery.  You need to account for some "bounce back" (trust me, it happens).  After awhile you'll also have some redistribution of what fat is left.   

Congrats on the new ice skates!  It sounds like you've done a bit of skating in the past.  I never was good at it - my ankles liked to roll on me... even as a kid.  It is an awesome way to get your exercise too - and doing something you love is a bonus!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Linda B.
on 2/6/13 4:31 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I will take that advise, I won't try to stop the loss as long as I'm not sick or anything like that. I just want to fit in that old dress kiss If I end up a bit lower, that's alright too.

Price S.
on 2/5/13 10:52 pm - Mills River, NC

congrats on the new skates and on your weightloss.  I have never lived where I had access to ice but I sure to love watching it, from racing to dancing.

I will second letting your body decide.  I probably looked gaunt for a little while but I have experienced bounceback for real and the end of the honeymoon period.  Better to get lower than you want and end up where you want to be than stop where you want to be and end up 10 lbs heavier.  I am still in normal bmi but wouldn't be if I had stopped too early.  I certainly wouldn't have wanted to go through all this and end up overweight.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Linda B.
on 2/6/13 4:34 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I will take that advise, if my body wants to continue to lose, that's alright by me.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views