X-Post/ stessing out a little bit

Linda B.
on 9/9/12 6:30 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Well, my surgery date is finally almost here. I'm getting a bit nervous But, I know I have prepared myself for this for a long time. My DH had his VSG nine months ago and is at goal and doing well. His support is great. I also know that the support I get here has helped me though the preparation phase of my journey. I am a bit stressed over all that I still need to do before Wednesday night. But I will just keep working though my "to do" list until it is done, or I run out of time. 

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Price S.
on 9/9/12 6:46 pm - Mills River, NC
it will either get done or not but stessing won't help.  Just relax and know that your "down" time won't be long and then everything will happen when it can.  Surgery has a great way of slowing us down.  You have been through it with your DH and you know the drill.  You will be a super star.  Hope Wed is a great non-event surgery and you have a boring recovery.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Linda B.
on 9/9/12 6:54 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Thanks Price. I must have messed up my post a bit. Surgery is Thursday, but I have to have everything at work done by Wednesday for my sub. Lots to do at home too. But you are right, I can just do what I can and take it from there.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

dgill1
on 9/9/12 9:00 pm
VSG on 07/24/12
You were there for your DH and now it's your turn... Focus on you! That is the first thing I learned on my journey that not making my health a priority and worrying about everything and everyone else is why I was in need of surgery in the first place. Relax and put yourself in a positive mindset that this is a step toward finding and caring for yourself and it needs to start by letting go of needing to take care of anything more than you need to take care of you.

Best of luck on your surgery and for the incredible journey you are beginning.
Jody ***
on 9/10/12 8:41 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
 Congratulations!  You'll be fine - I don't think I stressed so much, as worried about having all my ducks in a row too!  

You have the advantage of a spouse who has gone through it - that's rare and will be SO easy for him to take care of YOU!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/12 9:57 am
I always stress over my "to do" list too.

Your journey is just beginning and those lists will seem so much easier when you don't have so much weight to work around later.

All the best!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views