Getting off track...almost 2 yrs out. GAINED

michelly1030
on 2/16/12 11:55 am - Turlock, CA
I am so upset with myself. I have gotten lazy and CARB-y!  I know it's allllll me and I am not working my tool like I am supposed to and I am not doing what I should be doing.

I tried to use the holiday season as an excuse to be a P-I-G !  I baked a lot and I ate a lot.  I became the person I swore I wouldn't be... The person that eats cookies until I am sick just to see how many I could tolerate. Honestly, I can't even believe I am "saying" this out loud, but this is necessary to hold myself accountable.

I started my weight loss journey April 13, 2010... Soon I will be celebrating my 2 yr anniversary. And I don't want to do it with weight GAIN.  I need to lose 20 lbs to get back to my goal.

No I didnt gain 20 lbs in just a couple months, I would fluctuate 5 lbs and then stayed with that 5 lbs and slowly built it up and here I am. 20 lbs heavier than I want to be. Even my jeans are getting a little snug. I hate the way I feel and I am so upset with myself.

I just wanted to put that out there. Just because you have the surgery, doesn't mean you don't have to work. You do. You CAN gain weight. You CAN fall off the wagon. I CAN eat more than I did 2 yrs ago.  I CAN LOSE AND STAY DOWN.

Thanks for listening. Tips are welcome!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Price S.
on 2/16/12 5:44 pm - Mills River, NC
thanks for your post  Its a great reminder that we can all go in the direction you did without ever expecting it    I know I can eat more and almost everything  Stay connected with us and we can do this together

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lynn5707
on 2/16/12 7:44 pm - IN
Thanks for sharing. You can do it!

I am only 7 months out, but I can see how easy it is to fall back into old habits. After the holidays, I had to say to myself "what are you doing???" I am not perfect, but I have to tell myself everyday that I must stay away from the processed foods. I had the sleeve, not RNY, but with processed foods I don't feel much restriction at all.

Another thing I am working on since I am happy with my weight, wouldn't mind losing maybe 10 more, is to start focusing on fitness and exercise. I have always focused (my whole life) on the food part, and I need to make exercise a priority.

So, please don't beat yourself up. Take care and you can do it!!!

Jody ***
on 2/16/12 9:31 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I hear ya!  I'm 10 lbs up - and mine happened in about 6 months' time.

Its SO easy to slide back into bad habits.  I think I still eat pretty good, but I don't exercise and do indulge once in awhile on carbs.  Yesterday was a BAD day...

You've realized what's happening, so go forward knowing what you need to do (as I need to do too). 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Caitlyn_Cat
on 2/16/12 9:31 pm
Hey, none of us are perfect, but you have caught this relatively early, are holding yourself accountable, and wanting to make a change.  I'm just about 11 months out and can certainly eat more than I did post-op, and the hunger is present more than it was (but not like it used to be).  This is a good wake-up call for me to stick with the basics that work. 

You can do this!  You did this once before, and you have the tools to make it work.  

Height: 5'5" / HW: 223 / SW: 196 / GW: 125 reached 12/22/2011 / CW: 121    
loverofcats
on 2/16/12 10:26 pm
I am almost 18 months out and I can feel the struggle on some days. My weight has stayed within a two pound range, but only because I food track everyday, exercise 4-6 days/week, attend support groups, and weigh myself on a daily basis. The past few weeks to month, I haven't been exercising like I used to, since I have been nursing some shoulder tendinitis. I can alreay feel the difference in my body and I am at my upper range. It has been easy to let more carbs in, and I have realized that I need to get back on track or I will be in trouble.

Thank you for posting this. It is a very brave thing to do and the first step in getting control of the problem back. As the saying goes, "They operate on our stomachs, not our heads."

The further out that we get, it is more about our choices than about the surgery. If we follow the rules, I think we can keep the weight off. At least that is what I am telling myself.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

seaview
on 2/16/12 11:55 pm
 So dont beat yourself up first of all and do the "five day pouch test"...it's wonderful...just google it.
get psyched up and do it...you'll be amazed...detoxed and you will rememember what it's like to eat small portions again...good luck...don't give up...SEAVIEW
Panda ..
on 2/17/12 3:01 am
Mrs.M
on 2/17/12 1:48 am
 Thanks for your honesty.  I am right behind you and had my surgery in September of 2010.  While I haven't experienced weight gain I also haven't lost all I had hoped to lose and still struggle with crappy eating on many days.

Having said that, there is nothing to be gained (except unwanted pounds) but beating ourselves up for not being perfect.  Hard as it was, you did post your discretions, so now you can move on.

Best of luck,
Janet

lerkhart
on 2/17/12 1:52 am
It is so easy to fall back into our old habits.   I know I can pretty much eat anything - just in smaller amounts, but I could see myself going right back like I was before surgery.

I think staying connected here really helps.  Posting on Roz's Menus and Miles everyday helps for accountability.  Liz(Southernlady) has a post every Sunday for weigh ins.  I like to weigh everyday so I can keep a really close watch on the scales.  I tend to start gaining if I let the scales go for a while.

Do you do protein drinks?  When I try to stop these, I find myself snacking a lot more on bad things.  I think they really help me stay on track.  I do atleast 3 a day.  

You can do this!!

Linda 
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 379 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 502 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 559 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 571 views