Menu's and Miles for Roz May 8th

helane
on 5/8/11 9:25 pm - canton, MA
Hi everyone,
Again, I'm dealing with my mom being in rehab.
She broke her elbow in three places on Palm Sunday and  is now in rebah.
They have been feeding her whatever she wants and she is a diabetic with heart disease...yesterday her sugars were 40!  So, again I'm just checking in..because this is the thread that I mostly follow here.

I have lost 2 pounds last month. but I am eating more than I had been.  During Holy Week I maintained a stict fast and that meant more carbs.. but that is over and now I'm doing a lot better.
Next year, I think I will speak to Pastor about more of a modification than even the one I did this year.  We'll see.

In any case, I am maintaining at least 60 grams of protein..most of the days I am up to 100 plus. but my calories have been higher..I was eating between 600-800 and the past couple of weeks with all the celebrations and going out to eat I have been in the 1200 range..
I'm hoping to go back down and be much more careful ..will post here more often even if I have to stay up late because it does keep me honest..
Also, May is my 9th I am in the sixth month post op and I have been told that the honey moon period ends here.. so I am scared, I still have at least 20 pounds to lose to reach my surgeons goal and I really do want to meet that at least.

Please swing some lizzies for my mom, keep me in your prayers and forgive this long post.
Helane            
Stacey N.
on 5/8/11 11:00 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I do believe that they need to watch what Mom eats, it can be a very slippery slide with diabetes, I pray that she recovers very fast.

I was told the honey moon phase ends after the first year, i believe you still have some time. You are doing well and keep checking in with us ok!

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

helane
on 5/9/11 1:16 am - canton, MA
Thank you Stacey!
I really need to at least reach the surgeons goal weight of 140.  If I do that and then end up where I am 20 years later..well then I would consider myself a serious success.

They served my mom pancakes, corn flakes and sausages for breakfast..
Helane            
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views