Quick Question for all the LW Nurses**Update**

Stacey N.
on 4/17/11 11:34 pm, edited 4/18/11 3:19 am - Chesapeake, VA
My G tube still hurts around the point of entry, kinda feels like it is pulling very hard. If I sit up or stand I am on but when I lay down, it seems to get worse. I have had to take pain medicine (NORCO) just to get to sleep at night because of the uncomfortable pain. It has been in for 2 weeks now, how much longer can I expect to have this pain or will it be something I have to deal with until it comes out?
I am going to call the surgeon, but can't guarantee he will return my call.

***Oh there is no drainage***

I was wrong, took the dressings off today for a shower and there is alot of drainage, the call to my surgeon did no good, he is out of the office for the entire week and was advised to go to the ER to get my G tube looked at and tested for infection. I will probably end up going later on tonight....

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

italianspice
on 4/17/11 11:56 pm - Eastlake, OH
I think calling the surgeon is a good idea. The g tube has a nice size to it and where it is place on your tummy I would imagine it would stay uncomfortable, but after 2 weeks I would think it would be less.  Are you moving more now that you are feeling better? Maybe that could be the culprit, but always checking with the doc is a great idea.

Feel better.

Maria
Stacey N.
on 4/18/11 12:00 am - Chesapeake, VA
I am thinking it is because I am moving around alot, I traveled by car 2 hours away, had lunch, came back and walked around the mall for an additional 2 hours. When I got home I was EXHAUSTED.
There is just so much to do and I want to be part of it. Hopefully the Dr will call back, or at least his nurse. Thank you Maria :)

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

IRAYD8U
on 4/19/11 12:26 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Stacey please go get this checked out today!  You don't want to be running around with an infection, I'd make an appointment with your PCP if you can get in if not head to the ER immediately!  You don't want anything to get out of hand!  I'm swinging for you!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 361 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 486 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness