to pixie or not to pixie???? update link to pics

Price S.
on 4/15/11 5:16 am - Mills River, NC
Go for it.  I vote for red also.

I'm enjoying mine now where it is but it is amazingly thin.  If I cut it short, I think I would have scalp showing.  But maybe when it starts growing back in.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

rebecca_ann
on 4/15/11 6:33 am
I agree...... pixie! I really think you could go either way with the hair color because you have a neutral skin tone and pretty green eyes. Both colors will make your eyes POP! Platinum might be hard to acheive since your hair is so dark right now though, you might get stuck with a bright yellow blonde for short time until you could bleach it again. So red might be easier :)
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat    
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 7:15 am, edited 4/15/11 7:32 am
 Well  here goes  Ava the contratian ... American men HATE  short hair on women  so if U intend to get laid or appreciated for Ur looks in the coming months and years  dont cut it  is my advice ... 

of course if Ure already in a committed relationship in the country or living in Europe u can get away with it (  maybe )   ****il the  chick who wants Ur man with long , touchable , silky hair comes along that is ... forgive me for being cynical  but I do live in NY  ) ....

I'm  not sure about the  color but go with what U think  would be beautiful...

I have  seen  quite a few good  relationships  break up  when the woman cut her hair (or stopped wearing  the extensions  that were making her permanently  bald ) a la  Ashlee Simpson Wentz ... 

I have NEVER  seen a relationship with a straight man  START  because  a woman got a pixie cut . Only  GAY  Men admire this look .

Basically  a short haircut is  something all ur girlfriends will compliment U on and secretly think  .. good  shes  out of the competition .  Why in the world would U do that to Urself unless U absolutely  HAD  to  ?

RaggetyAnn
on 4/15/11 9:28 am, edited 4/15/11 10:35 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
with the shape of your face, you could probably wear any hair style and look good.   Anything you can do to play up your beautiful green eyes would be a good thing.  Your photo from last May showed a great hair cut on you.... the one on your avie is great too! 

Oh...and on the color.... your profile photos showing you with darker hair seem to set off your face better than the blonde hair photos.  Just my opinion.  

And if you don't like the hairstyle/look you choose, just wait a few months and voila! You'll be starting on a whole new look.  

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

Mama477
on 4/15/11 10:23 am
I love a pixie!!! Go for it! I also love color that is a golden blonde w lowlights that are chunky. Love it. There is someone on the vsg board whose avie is a headshot and she is stunning... I'll post her name when i run into her.

To Ava's comment ... I think sex is over rated. Cute hair trumps it!
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 12:59 pm, edited 4/15/11 1:07 pm
 How about  getting  a headband  and some hair accessories for now?  I think Ure very lucky to have a somewhat defined  jawline ( U said it -  looks nicely  defined to me )  and can wear Ur hair up , half up  , in a number of different concoctions  with that   and still look great - or  U will soon be able to  if U don't cut it . 

U have  such nice thick shiny looking hair  !  I really  like the color now  what is  is ?  chestnut brown with red highlights?

If its was me and I was bored Id probably go for a Jazz shine treatment with  maybe  some temporary  brightening color  added in  .... to bring out that green in Ur eyes .   Jazz comes in  really wild colors too ..like  Purple  and Magenta  and  a dozen  shades  of bright red  .... 

That  will give U the  radical change Ur looking for without  wrecking the integrity of Ur beautiful hair .  ( if U love the crazy color then U can think  about making it  permanent later with highlights or a permanent glaze ... ) 

Then I personally  would  stay away from the hairdresser for as long as I could stand it  and grow my hair out .... 

if U cut it short now  Ull probably be growing it out  two months from now anyway  only Ull  be  starting  from  a year  further back .... 

IRAYD8U
on 4/16/11 4:48 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
I'm not sure what she used for red but I had my friend touch it up and we used ION Color Brilliance medium intense red 4IR-44.66 for the highlights. and the same brand Darkest Brown level 2(not sure what the actual #'s are)  For some reason the brown looks almost black on me.  We mixed the two for the color I had done yesterday with the new cut and did an all over color.
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 360 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 483 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness