Getting better a little at a time

Stacey N.
on 4/9/11 3:38 am - Chesapeake, VA
Ok I posted on FB so many know the situation, I am reposting here to get everyone up to speed.
Had my gall bladder out on monday and was feeling fairly well about it. On Tuesday I had started having these pains to end all pains. After a few minutes my husband called 911 and I was back in. I am not going to make this a long story, so the short eng of it, tuesday night they did a 5 hour exploratory surgery and found bile leaking into my gut. I now have a g tube in my stomach and a drain in my side. I am down on pain and was actually able to take a shower today. I am still in the hospital and feeling really lonely. Thank you everyone who has commented and have been very supportive. I really do appreciate it. I do not know when they will let me go home, but I will have these drains for well over 6 weeks. I will keep everyone posted soon..

Oh I am now on clear liquids and handling it very well. Need some protein drinks though and hopefully can get some really soon.

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

newdirectionhome
on 4/9/11 3:52 am
 So sorry, Stacey! You are a strong person, so I know you'll get through this well, BUT what a pain (literally!) Hope you are home soon and back to your active family life.

Swinging a lizard or two your direction.
 Wendy
5'3" SW: 210
MajorMom
on 4/9/11 4:04 am - VA
Good to see you posting, Stacey. I've been thinking about you. I hope you're able to go home soon.
((hugs))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Mrs.M
on 4/9/11 7:15 am
 so much for drive thru surgery!  Stacey, stay strong and get well soon.
janet

Kermit P.
on 4/9/11 7:46 am
This will suck for awhile but you CAN survive this!   The good thing is they found what was wrong and fixed it.  Hang in there, vent when you need to, and know that there are a lot of people sending positive thoughts and well wishes.

Lizards a swinging!!!!!
HW/232       CW/145.2       GW/???
Mama477
on 4/9/11 8:49 am
Hope you are feeling better this evening. Hugs to you!!!

Meg
rebecca_ann
on 4/9/11 9:13 am
Stacey I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. Get well soon. I will be swinging many lizards for you!!
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat    
loverofcats
on 4/9/11 11:33 am
Stacey, I am so sorry that you are going through such an ordeal. I know being in the hospital can be a lonely experience. Hopefully, you will get released fairly soon and be able to continue the healing process in your own home. My thoughts are with you, and I am wishing you a speeding recovery.

Take Care,

Gail

Lots of (((HUGS)))
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Kiminey65
on 4/9/11 12:34 pm
RNY on 10/25/10 with
So sorry stacey... But glad to see your spirit is intact. This is such a bummer, and I am personally a little ticked that you were put on a back burner for so long. Can't help but wonder if waiting to have your gall bladder out for so long CONTRIBUTED to this complication?

I hope it's no time at all before you are up and feeling better. Take care...

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 12:33 pm
Boy, you sure have been through a lot lately.  Thinking of you and hoping from now on everything goes smoothly for you.

Elizabeth

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views