Good Morning. Back in the groove

lerkhart
on 8/15/10 11:23 pm
Morning Gina,
I love to be in my routine.  I do so much better.

Most of our schools started back last week or the week before.  DD is a teacher and she went back 2 weeks ago and kids started last week.  It is so hot here, I don't know how they stand it on the buses.  They are passing ou****er and trying to be careful.  Our private school started last Friday.

I'm with DGD#1 today.  She has a summer cold and is running a fever.  DS & DDIL needed to work.  I'm going to try and walk on the treadmill when she takes her nap this afternoon since I have not done any type of exercise much lately and know that I need to get back into this habit.  It makes me feel so much better.  DGD#2 has a bad cough and will probably go to the doctor this afternoon.

Glad you are feeling better.  Hope you had a great vacation.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Melissa1965
on 8/15/10 11:51 pm
My daughter went back last week. It's nice to have them back in school But she's a senior this year and only goes until noon.

I had a bad Sunday and didn't drink enough and it's amazing how it can hit you the next day. PLUS bad insomnia from financial worries. They come out of the blue once on a while and I wake up at 3 am worrying for a couple of hours. So exercise was a no go for this morning.
HW 268/SW 255/CW 150/GW 160
Lee ~
on 8/15/10 11:54 pm - CA
Welcome home Gina!

Zach got on the shuttle to San Francisco Airport at 5:45 this morning.  I would be sad if I didn't have so many fabulous memories from the summer, beginning with the two weeks Provence and French Riviera, all of our gym time, morning 3 mile walks to work and our great hike at Pt. Reyes on Saturday.   Last night I had to tell him it was fine to be so excited about leaving.  I think he's given himself 3 weeks until classes start so that he can get fully moved into his apartment, buy furniture, get his gym routine in place and work on the script that he'll be filming in November. 

My overwhelming feeling this morning is how honored I am to have a 36 year old son who is such a darn good friend to me.  We love sitting around discussing books, politics, everything imaginable. I'm a lucky woman!

So about that rut, I've been out of it for two months.  Zach did a lot of the cooking and I think I ate more delicious salads and less protein, and probably a bit more carbs as well.  So this morning I dumped anything resembling carbs in the trash and it's protein protein protein all the way for me. I have 2 weeks until I see my doctor and I bet I can drop a few pounds between now and then if I really focus on the protein.  I probably should make my way back to Roz's Menu's and Miles.

Opps, sorry to be so long winded.  Have a brilliant day everyone!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

valleyfree
on 8/15/10 11:56 pm - OR
Welcome back from your vacation. Hope you were able to enjoy it even with your illness.

I am grateful to be getting back into routine this week. Even though the reason I was out of my routine was that I took a couple days off work last week. I couldn't run this morning because I was just too darned tired from the last few days and sore, sore, sore from hiking. Kind of a good thing, kind of a bad thing -- I have to run to train for a 5k in 2 weeks! Eeek!

My kids go back to school after labor day and I am not looking forward to school clothes or supplies shopping. I absolutely dislike shopping and my kids don't like it much either. I also have to register them for school this week. So, I have a really expensive next couple of weeks in front of me. Ugh.

I'm determined to make this an awesome Monday! Thanks!

HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

moondancer2000
on 8/16/10 12:09 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Good morning, glad you at going to get your groove back.  I am still looking for mine and think it might be on the near horizon!! 

Mine started school on Friday the 6th.  Who freakingstarts school on FRIDAY?  DOD's that's who...LOL 

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

STLfan
on 8/16/10 1:15 am
Hey Groovy ! Get back to work! ...lol....that was for me as your post is a reminder to get to the gym.....senior center......been cooler here so I hope it's not to hot if in you walk outside! Have a nice day! And I'll give it a shot too!
Jeff                    
mythinme
on 8/16/10 1:28 am
Good morning Gina, and LW's...

Hope you had a great vacation. It's always great to go but great to come back home.

Youngest is a freshman in HS this year. He is starting on the 30th. He can't wait. I got the lovely letter for lab fees and such...and I can hear the sound of my $$ going going going...lol

I miss my 'rut'...I have had enough drama and issues for the year. Hell, maybe for next too...lol
I feel like I am slowly slipping back into the normal range again so here's to keeping my fingers crossed. But when I am good...I am good and just overall keep focussed on the prize of this wonderful journey and that keeps me in my groove.

I am working on my to-do-list for after work today and I am going to try...try .... to squeeze back in some exercise. I finally got my gut (with a few exceptions) back in line. I think I did a doozy on the vitamins and got myself all backed up. Here's the wise words for the day...Calcium Citrate + Magnesium...nuff said. I was just taking the citrate only...ugh, I didn't really read the bottle thoroughly. Add a bit of dehydration and it's not so fun. That's what I get for being really distracted lately. The burning is still there under the sternum and I do have an appt this Thurs to talk to PA. So, we'll see...but otherwise, I am feeling better overall. I made sure to get myself back on track this last weekend.

Sooooo....here's to a great Monday!! LOL 

Have a good one ya'll....

HW
/  SW /  CW /  GW (1st goal met!! ) New Goal Weight                        height 5'3"
230 / 196132  / 135                                       125

MacMadame
on 8/16/10 1:47 am - Northern, CA
Our school had their clean-up day on Sat. but school doesn't start until Sept 8.
graciesmommie
on 8/16/10 8:54 am
I am a teacher and we go back on Wednesday of this week. My kids start wednesday of next week. It has been a short summer. Ready to get back to a routine. I have a hard time  staying in my groove without a routine. I love teaching and look forward to a great school year. We have a new superintendent I am excited about what he will be doing to help us.
I have felt totally out of wack the last 2 days really tired...not motivated...have a ton to do don't feel like doing anything...really tired all the time. I am not sure if my numbers are off are what but I feel like crap. My husband says to give myself a break just getting over another major surgery in a year. Today I took an extra B 12. Figure it can not kill me if it gives me an ounce of more energy than what I currently have I will be grateful.
I have to get it together those first graders don't have mercy on anybody not even me.
Well hope everyone else has a great week! Hugs and best wishes, Danielle
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views