Good Morning. Back in the groove

MajorMom
on 8/15/10 8:06 pm - VA
I'm actually looking forward to getting back into my walking groove today. It may be hot and I may have to dodge thunder showers but it's still summer in DC, right?  Feeling a lot better this morning with only a little residual cough, so I'm going to walk this remnant cold off today.  

I was wondering, who has school starting now. We don't send the kids bac****il the day after Labor Day but I know some schools are starting back in Aug.  Son#2 goes back up to school the end of next week to start his senior year of college. Hard to believe...

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic Monday getting back into your routines. Being in a rut really helps me stay on my maintenance game. Weekends are pretty free but weekdays are pretty strict eating wise. How do you stay in your groove?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

italianspice
on 8/15/10 8:26 pm - Eastlake, OH
Glad to hear you are back in the groove!

My kids go back to school on the 24 of august. The summer flew by this year. I cant believe its back to school time already.

I think being in a routine really helps us maintain what we want. I am too new yet to have a groove, but I am getting there.

Have a great monday!

Maria
Shannon D.
on 8/15/10 9:57 pm
DD's start school this Wednesday! I'm so happy. They have started fighting and picking at each other all the time. One is starting 5th grade and one 2nd. I start school next Monday (the 23rd). I'm super happy about that too. Going to the bookstore today to spend way too much money on my books. I can't decide if I should get the used ones cheaper now, or go for the new and sell them back to get a little windfall right before Christmas.

I'm glad to be getting back to the routine too. This weekend there were cookouts and birthday parties, and I let go a little for the first time since surgery. I didn't gain any weight, but I sure didn't lose. Back to normal today and hopefully I can get these last few pounds off. I'd like to be a little below goal by my 6 month check up in late September.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Jody ***
on 8/15/10 11:06 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Buy used.  You won't get enough back on the new ones to make a difference.  We take a beating on my son's college books. 

In the future, if you get to schedule classes earlier, go on Amazon, etc and try to get your books there.  You'll need the specific edition, but can get that from the bookstore.  He's saved a bundle doing that (but he's not a great pre-planner - lol).

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Shannon D.
on 8/15/10 11:19 pm
That's true, saving money now would be nice. Also, my brother just told me about a website where he buys his books, half.com. It's by e-bay, but no auctions or fees, just buying used textbooks. He gets all his there, but since I'm so late, I'm at the bookstore this semester.

southernlady5464
on 8/15/10 11:21 pm
You know, I never bought mine before I attended at least one class...professors were notorious for either switching or not using what was listed at the book store. I got burned once too often.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Shannon D.
on 8/15/10 11:26 pm
I am going to a really small community college and their bookstore has a great return policy if you don't need the book all the way until the drop date for the class. They also have a buy back guarantee policy. So I'll get them, then if I don't need them I can return. Two of my classes are online so I want to make sure to have the books.

Jody ***
on 8/15/10 11:47 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Yes - that's a good one too - and then you can re-sell your books on it if you decide not to keep them. 

We sold several on there in the past. 

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so

southernlady5464
on 8/15/10 10:40 pm
Yeah, routine helps.

We've had to really work at putting a routine in our schedule when we retired. It's really hard. So easy to just go with the flow. As long as dh was working, I had a schedule to follow, now even knowing what day of the week it is is hard. They all flow together.

You know, I have no clue when schools starts here in this county. I do know that my friend's dd who is in a senior in High School started last week. Her other dd starts college either this week or next.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Jody ***
on 8/15/10 11:13 pm, edited 8/15/10 11:13 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Gina!  Welcome back from vacation!

I don't stay in my groove and I'm noticing the slippery slope I'm going down.  I have to get back into the mindset that this is a tool and will ONLY work if used properly.  This past weekend my restriction was awesome!  Of course I went to a wedding, etc and couldn't eat - but that's ok.  My dress pants were tight this morning... not a good thing. I'm up 3-4 lbs from my previous maintenance weight - and I need to address that.  No one seems to understand when I'm concerned about that (around me) and I know you guys will understand and help!!  I just get "roll the eyes" reaction...

Our schools start after Labor Day, but colleges start next week. 

Our humidity broke yesterday - OMG it feels awesome!!  It almost feels like there is a hint of a crisp fall day in the air, but not quite - not ready for that yet, but a definite welcome after the horrendous humidity and heat we've had lately.  This whole week will be in the upper 70's to low 80's. 

Now - on a good, positive note - I went to Vitamin World yesterday and stocked up on some liquid vits.  I'm having a very hard time taking pills and wouldn't take them consistently  I found some liquid Milk Thistle (1 dropper= what I was taking in 3 pills previously) and I KNOW I'll take it consistently now.  They had it buy 1 get one 50% off - and found the liquid B complex my labs LOVED buy1 get 1 free. 

So now the only pills I take are my Citracel petites, D3 50K (which is very small) and Proefferin. 

90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views