PMS and THE CARB MONSTER!

graciesmommie
on 8/15/10 8:39 am
Must be grazing lazin sunday. Today I have had a half of cup of yogart with blueberries for breakfast, chicken leg with a little macaroni for lunch,  some snack mix/pretzels and M&M's, small bowl of popcorn, half of a bannana and a mini twix bar. Help the snack monster i****ting me hard today. First day of PMS and I could eat the roof off the house. Not drunk enough at all though. Think I will go drink something ...later I will eat a cup of yogart for supper instead of anything big. I have been home alone for most of the day. Think I will go jump on the treadmill stomp out the carb monster and some boredom. Ready to go back to school snacking will have to be scheduled instead of whenever. Stuck in a rut! Going to get some healthy snacks to take to school. 2 more days of freedom. Then back to a routine. I do so much better in a routine. This carb monster makes me want to puke!  
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
MajorMom
on 8/15/10 8:48 am - VA
I'll hold the monster down, you stomp on him! 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

graciesmommie
on 8/15/10 11:37 am
I have stomped him to death for one day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Jody ***
on 8/15/10 9:15 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Danielle - if I may say so, I think the carb monster hits you at this "time of month" every month. I don't think thats abnormal either (for any of us).

Just remember, tomorrow is another day. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

graciesmommie
on 8/15/10 11:36 am
Thank God tomorrow is another day ! I have always had bad PMS so I guess it freaks me out a little. Want to make sure I stay in control. I will have to go stomp that treadmill a little harder.
MacMadame
on 8/15/10 9:34 am - Northern, CA
Something I read that explains what I go through is that we actually burn an average of 250 calories a day more during the days surrounding ovulation. I would go on a feeding frenzy a few days before I ovulated and not be very thirsty and then the day after I wouldn't feel hungry at all and I'd pee and pee and pee. It was driving me crazy until I read the article about needed extra calories at that time.

I think we also have "stuff" going on around our period that also impacts our eating and drinking and it would be helpful to know what it so we can plan around it.

Scientists don't like to study women because our monthly cycles can throw off their data so a lot of what we "know" about the body comes from only studying men. But we aren't men!

I think, as this stuff gets studied more, we'll find lots of explanations for behavior that we've been trained to beat ourselves up about. I no longer beat myself up about not being able to drink a lot or eating more carbs around certain times of the month. I know it will work out over the course of the month and that my body has different needs at this time.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

graciesmommie
on 8/15/10 11:35 am
Great way to look at this. Guess I should give myself some grace. It terrifies me but you are right I do go through this cycle. Tomorrow I probably won't want anything to eat and I will probably pee like crazy. It does seem to go like that. You are so insightful thanks for the encouragement. It has been very helpful.
italianspice
on 8/15/10 8:32 pm - Eastlake, OH
Get your boots on and stomp that monster!

Hormones. Frustrating isnt it?  The joys of being a woman. Hang in there and dont be too hard on yourself.

Maria
Melissa1965
on 8/15/10 11:53 pm
Oh Yikes! The carb Monster! He comes and visits me monthly as well. I try real hard to kick his butt and some days succeed and others I don't. But thank God it's only for a couple of days. Kick his butt to the curb and move on...seems you have.
HW 268/SW 255/CW 150/GW 160
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views