Menus and Miles Sunday Aug. 15th

Roz !!!!
on 8/15/10 4:47 am - Butler, PA
That sounds like a good plan!  I've been trying to get to the store, but SIL's are helping with the flagpole so I am watching DGBabies.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ladytazz
on 8/15/10 7:29 am
Ok, I'll give this a try.  Since I am pretty new I plan out my meals and track them on Fitday.

Breakfast - Egg Beaters with low fat cheese

Lunch - 1/2 cup Turkey Chili with low fat cheese

Dinner - 3 oz Pot Roast

Snack - Muscle Milk Choc Lite

According to Fitday this is about 680 calories and almost 80 grams of protein.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Roz !!!!
on 8/15/10 12:07 pm - Butler, PA
Congrats on your surgery and Glad you joined us!!!!

Great totals!!

Roz

on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 8/15/10 7:39 am
Hi Roz & everyone.
I get to be off tomorrow too.  DGD#1 is sick so I'm taking off to go and stay with her so mom and dad can both go to work!!

Sorry you didn't get to get your funnel cake!  I've been eating everything you've missed.  I'm adding back my protein shakes - this change up was not working for me.
Here's today's plan:
B:  Decaf Protein Coffee
L:  3 ozs pork, 1/4 cup squash & onions
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
D:  Baked Spaghetti(made with spaghetti squash instead of noodles)
S:  Cheesecake pudding w/ lite cool whip

Calories: 866
Carbs: 48
Fat: 41
Protein: 98

Vitamins:  Done except night time multi
Water:  100 ozs so far
Miles:  None

I'm almost out of Lemon Tea Protein - I need to get that ordered.  I don't think I can make it without it.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 8/15/10 12:33 pm - Butler, PA
I don't think I would ever be able to handle getting my Protein in with food.  I've said this so many times, but when I did it at the beginning, I felt like I was on WW and counting points.  It made think of food all of the time.  I've noticed that everyone who is just eating food, eats so much more per serving than I do.  I have friends who can actually sit and eat a Big Mac and fries, but I wonder how long they will be successful in keeping their weight off. 

I'm almost out of Lemon Tea too.  I 'm hoping I can get some at Vitamin World on Tuesday.  My DH has a ball game in Pittsburgh and there is one close to the field.  I think I'll call tomorrow and make sure they have it in stock.  Maybe they will even hold one for me.

Do remember my nephew who's fiance was sick and on a lot of cancer medication who got married really quick so she could get pregnant during a short window of time between meds because the meds were going to make her sterile. Well even if you don't, they had a baby boy yesterday.  His wifes kidneys started to fail and they had to take the baby 2 months early.  He is 3 lbs. 7 oz. 16" long.  They told us today that Tabatha is doing good and has stabalized and the baby is breathing on his own now and drinking a bottle.  They called him Bowan Gunn....AKA:  Bow and Gun.  They are big into hunting. 

Roz

on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 8/15/10 11:10 pm
Roz,
I will be remembering Tabitha, Bowan Gunn and your nephew in my prayers.  I hope everything goes ok for them.  Cute name-how original!!  I hope she will be ok - is she in remission?  My DGD#2 was 1 1/2 months early and worried us for so long, but she is now fine and growing like a weed.  She was a little behind in developing for the first year, but has almost caught up now.  Tell them not to worry about that.  They kept telling DD not to worry, but she did anyway and still does.  She will probably be their only child.  DD had a very rough pregnancy and delivery.

I know since I slowed back on the protein drinks, I've been consumed with food thoughts.  I just finished my protein decaf coffee and feel better than I have in about a week.  I can't imagine eating a Big Mac - where do they put it???

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Ladytazz
on 8/15/10 8:33 am
Can I ask what people are using for protein coffee and protein tea?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Jody ***
on 8/15/10 9:36 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

My protein coffee consists of 20 oz of coffee and 2 scoops of the flavor of your choice of protein powder.

BUT - there is a method to mixing in the powder without it clumping and being totally disgusting. 
Method #1:  put some water in a cup and stir in your powder into a slurry, pour your hot coffee on top and stir

Method #2:  Make sure your coffee is BELOW 140 degrees (using a meat thermometer) and put your protein powder directly into it.

Change the mix-up depending on your tastes and the size of your coffee cup.

Now the tea- I have no idea...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 8/15/10 12:45 pm - Butler, PA

Welcome!!!!!  

From GNC I use Pro Performance Chocolate,  Pro Performance Cookies n Cream,  Any Whey Unflavored and Syntha-6 Chocolate Mint (this one is high in carbs so I limit it).

I order on line from Vitalady.com or Netrition.com (also Vitamin World has some flavors):  Syntrax Lemon Tea (my favorite), Twisted Cherry, Strawberry-Kiwi, and Fuzzy Navel.

At Vitalady.com you can order all kinds of samples for $1.99 each. 

Roz

on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 8/15/10 9:42 am, edited 8/15/10 9:43 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Roz - its been SOOOO strange.  I almost feel like 3months post RNY.. My restriction has kicked in full blown - NOW - I'm not complaining.. but may be a little.

Went to the wedding last night.  I had my breakfast at home and took some crystal lite to drink the car on the drive down.  When I got to the hotel 5 hours later I was a little hungry so I ate a package of peanut butter crackers.  When the wedding was over, there were some hor'derves (sp) and it was cheese and fruit.  I ate some of each.

Dinner came (prime rib so tender you could cut with a butter knife), green beans and some fufu potatoe.  I ate 2 bites (small) of the steak and couldn't eat anymore...  at 11pm they brought out pizza and I thought I may be hungry since I didn't eat dinner - nope, a few bites and I was "yukk'...

So today, I had breakfast at the hotel, some scrambled eggs with melted cheese, a small sausage patty and some oatmeal... a few bites of each and that's all I could manage.  Even slider food is filling me up.

So - with that.. here's my menu today:

B - some scrambled eggs w/cheese, 1 small sausage patty and a few bites of oatmeal
L - Starbucks Venti Skinny vanilla latte (took 2 hours to drink)
S - another package of those peanut butter crackers - (took me a long time to eat them)
D - some home made mushroom soup (not much) and 2 beers
S - tortilla chips (not hungry, don't know why I'm eating them - ugh).

Vits:  not today
Fluids:  not enough

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views