Confession time

roan1959
on 8/15/10 10:05 am
So I started my liquid diet on Thursday, not to bad.....Friday..ok. ... Then the weekend!  When I would read everyone else's posts when they would do things wrong, I would think, "Oh, I will never do that"...Why get surgery if your not gonna commit 110%?  I didnt make it through Sat.........and I have to confess this so I can move on and be totally accountable for my actions.  Granted I only ate about 1200 calories all day (only allowed to have 800, liquid only), but I ATE food!!  (It was Olive Garden that got me..) And I feel horrible.  How can I make it after surgery if I can't even make day 3?? I am back on the plan today ,but I am worried about after. I thought I had this, ya know?    I need some encouragement and I knew you guys would understand.  And I can take tough love if you want to di**** out!!   thanks everyone...
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

*  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat        **BELOW GOAL**  
MajorMom
on 8/15/10 10:09 am - VA
You won't get a beating from me. I think 2 weeks of liquid diet for pre-op LWs is ridiculous. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and pick up where you left off, babeee!  Post-op is a whole different ball game. Don't worry about it.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

roan1959
on 8/15/10 10:11 am
Thanks Gina, much appreicated.  And I did great today!  I hated feeling so guilty all last night, That was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow..
Become what you believe..........  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lee ~
on 8/15/10 10:12 am - CA
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself.  After surgery you'll have your "tool" to make it easier for you to be compliant.  I know my Sleeve keeps me in line. 

That said, there are a lot of emotional/head issues that go along with being obese in the first place.  Many people need to seek some professional help to come to terms with the fact the food will no longer (nurture, comfort etc) insert whatever word works for you.  Food becomes much more about fuel.  I heard someone in one of my first support group meetings say that when we give up the food, we need to replace it with something else.  She mentioned shopping, crafts, exercise etc.  I prayed that day that mine would be exercise and it seems to be working out that way for me.

I didn't have to do a liquid diet.  I had to lose x amount of pounds and be at that goal weight when I checked into surgery.  I would think it's very difficult to follow a liquid diet right before going in for surgery.  I think you're doing ok.  Get back on track and take it one day at a time.  You can do this and you're going to be fine after surgery.  Hang in there and be your own best friend.  Plan things to do that don't involve food until surgery.  Ask friends and family for help and come here and talk about how you're doing.

Now step away from the fridge and nobody will get hurt!  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

roan1959
on 8/15/10 10:15 am
lol..thanks Lee, I needed a good laugh!  And I hope that exercise if MY transfer addiction!  I am beginning to realize this is gonna be harder than I thought.  But I can do this, and you guys are awesome!!  thanks for the support...

roan1959
on 8/15/10 10:20 am
ya, not my brightest move huh??  During the week seems so much easier than the weekends.  I will definately need to work on that.  My brother is having a cookout next Sat..OMG..but I already told him that I am bringing my protein shake with me, and lock the fridge!!  My family has been great and I am so blessed.  I need to remember that...

roan1959
on 8/15/10 10:27 am
Thanks Bill, and your right.  I need to ask myself why I needed to get off the horse.  I think the ride is becoming very real and I'm getting a little scared.  But I am back on and holding on tight! 

graciesmommie
on 8/15/10 11:46 am
Don't worry we all fall off the horse some time. The great thing about all of this is all we have to do to be successful is get back on that horse and ride! We all  have bad days. I am 9 months out and today had a day from H__ ___ ___! PMS struck and I snacked more than I should have. I got on here confessed and tomorrow is a new day. A little confession extra time on the treadmill and tomorrow is a new day. PMS is a match for my fire. I seem to have one bad day a month better than 365 bad days a year. Your body will change so much after surgery you will not be allowed to cheat but so much. You will do fine. It is definately worth all that you will go through. After surgery it is not about cheating it is about moderation and eating to live not living to eat. You will do great. When I was on the liquid diet I had a few days that tried me more than others. I remember being terrified to cheat....didn't want anything to go wrong. After 2 weeks of liquid diet my surgery was canceled due to an allergy attack. The doctor put me on a protein diet after that instead of liquid. Best of luck for a successful journey. Hugs and best wishes, Danielle
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
STLfan
on 8/15/10 1:00 pm
Hey now it's past and you just need to look ahead and just assure yourself you will try to do better. That said you do need to shrink the fat around your liver to make it easier on you during surgery. The doctor will do his best and he needs your help to get that done. I didn't think I would get it done but I buckled down and it happened for me. You can do this and it will all be worth it! Are there tough days ahead? Sure but it gets easier in time and you will heal and all this becomes a faded memory. Look for the goal it's up ahead and while you are headed to there you can do things now to make things easier later when you get home again. Get your things in order, have meals ready for you and the family in the freezer, load up on drinks you will need, get those ducks in a row. Not only will it help you later but it will help you focus on what's ahead and make this ReaL for you.
Jeff                    
italianspice
on 8/15/10 8:23 pm - Eastlake, OH
Hang in there!
It is so hard to be on the liquids. If we could eat 800 calories a day without difficulty we wouldnt be getting wls.
It is so different postop, atleast in the beginning, your hunger is gone.
No tough love here. Give yourself a big hug and relax.
Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views