Need help making a vitamin schedule...

Cort0807
on 8/13/10 2:41 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I am admitting that my brain hasn't quite snapped into vit scheduling. I do good with my BP med, Nexium, and B12 but could REALLY REALLY use some help getting the rest on a schedule that has worked for others. I am letting the whole Calcium Citrate 3 times/day on an empty stomach but 2 hours away from the multivit 2 times/day totally overwhelm me and frazzle my brain more than it should. Nurse told me I can hold off on iron until I hit the pureed phase because it MIGHT upset my stomach with just liquids.

I adore y'all and you guys are great with info so help a newbie out por favor? :)

lerkhart
on 8/13/10 4:04 am
Cort,
Here is what I do.
First out of bed - Iron - on empty stomach
After breakfast - about 30-45 minutes after iron:
1 BA Multivitamin
1 sublingual B12
1 Omega 3 Chew
2 Colace(Stool softners)
1 B complex
1 D3(dry)
1 Lovastatin(cholesterol medicine)

atleast 2 hours later
2 BA Calcium Chews

atleast 2 hours later - after lunch
2 BA Calcium Chews

atleast 2 hours later - after snack
2 BA Calcium Chews

Night time before bed
1 BA Multi vitamin

I'm doing this from memory - hope I didn't leave something out.  I key them into my calorie counter and then can go back and look at it to see what time I last took something because I can't remember.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
paranoidmother21
on 8/13/10 4:20 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I have a similar schedule to Linda -

out of bed, 1 multi, 1 gas advantage, 1 anti histimine
2-3 hours later 1 BA calcium lozenge, B complex, B1, B12, biotin, magnesium oxide

2-3 hours later 1 BA calcium lozenge, stool softener, magnesium oxide

2-3 hours later 1 BA calcium lozenge, D3, magnesium oxide

2-3 hours later 1 BA calcium lozenge (yup, at 400 mg, I need 4 per day), vitamin A, magnesium oxide

2-3 hours later 2nd multi, iron (Bi-ferra, so it's ok with the multi), and another antihistimine

It seems to work for me.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Cort0807
on 8/13/10 4:31 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Ok, that helps a lot. I'm going to work on programming it into my cell phone alarm since that is always with me. Calcium has been really throwing me off because I was told to do it on an empty stomach but I am supposed to eat every 2-3 hours right now while I'm awake so my head was kinda spinning.

Some of the stuff you guys listed I was told to wait until after I got my first post-op labs to see if I would need. The stool softener I am taking right now because it helps post-op but I'm on wait and see status for how my IBS is going to act with the RNY because normally I have very loose bowels rather than constipation issues.

paranoidmother21
on 8/13/10 12:14 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Yes, early out it was just the multis, the calcium, the B12 and the antihistimine.  My list is growing! LOL!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

rbb825
on 8/13/10 2:20 pm - Suffern, NY
You can take calcium with food to alleviate the upset stomach.

My schedule

9 am Synthroid 
           Cytomel

12 noon  BA Calcium Citrate Lozenge
                 BA calcium citrate chewie
                  Centrum Silver Multi chewable
                  Dry Vitamin A - 50,000 units

5 pm        BA calcium citrate lozenge
                  BA calcium citrate chewie

9 pm        BA calcium citrate lozenge
                 BA calcium citrate chewie

1 am        Tender Iron/Vit C 180mg/1200mg
                  Vitamin B1 300mg
                 Dry D3 50,000 units 3 times per week
                 Selenium 200mcg - 4 times per week
                  B12 injections 3 times per week

italianspice
on 8/13/10 10:35 pm - Eastlake, OH

I know what you mean.
I have mine vits lined up for the day, but everyday, I seem to have one or two left.
It's just been a little over 2 weeks, so I figured eventually I will get there.

paranoidmother21
on 8/14/10 5:43 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Spice, I found some am/pm (single dose each time) pill boxes at the grocery store.  I use 3 per day, so that gives me 6 doses, and I just keep the next box in my pocket (I usually wear khakis to work).  When both sides are empty, I go back to my office and switch for the next box.

In my case, 2 are clear (all 4 doses of calcium, and while I generally take the B vitamins as my second batch of the day, it doesn't matter if they're not), and 1 is blue (multi vites and extras), so if I grab the blue during the day, I toss it back in and go for the clear.

Boy, that sounds more complex than it is!

Anyway, early out I was lucky to get in half my vits.  After a few weeks, they started going down easier and I was remembering them more.

You guys will get there too.
Rebecca

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views