How to set goal weight?

paranoidmother21
on 8/12/10 12:04 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
I absolutely understand - and I also understand where the confusion comes in!  I've had gifted kids, middle school age, seriously believe that a pound of feathers weighs less than a pound of  gold - turns out they meant that it takes up more room than a pound of gold.  It's a specific language thing, and I know you know what you mean!  I'm just trying to keep the stats straight!

(I envy your running like the wind - I can only do that on the elliptical after years of arthritis secondary to hypermobility.  I want to run outside!!!)
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Happy_Camper
on 8/11/10 10:38 pm
My surgeon wouldnt give me a goal weight either.  His thoughts were along the line of Jodys - your body will quit when it gets to a certain point.  I have people asking me all the time, "how much more do you want to loose?"  I dont have a set number in mind,  I just want to be within the normal/healthy weight range.  Good luck John!  Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

louloubelle
on 8/12/10 1:19 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with
Hi John,
I have to say the same thing my DR didn't set a goal for me with my sleeve. He said my body will stop where it needs to stop. I have had a pretty easy time..I set my goal and then when I hit at 5 mo out changed it again. I really would be happy where I am now, and never making it to my next "goal". I am trying to stay with in the weight range I am at now. I am working at eating a little more normal things for me. By doing this I hope to figure out what is best for me and my body. I think we all have to do this once we hit our goals. Good luck!

graciesmommie
on 8/12/10 8:56 am
I didn't really decide on a goal weight. For me I would love to have been what I was when I got married. 125. My doctor felt I would get to 120lbs. I have met and passed his goal. I am currently 114lbs. This for me is a little scary. I don't want to look sick. The doctor thought  I was done losing at 120 but my body has a mind of it's own. Guess we will see where I end up. That is my plan to see where my body ends up and then try really hard to keep it there. Good luck!
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Lee ~
on 8/12/10 3:50 pm - CA
MY doctor doesn't set a goal weight either.  That said, he told me that I would be considered a success story if I got to a 30 BMI (174.9 pounds) and that if I got to 25 it would be incredible.  Maybe for us older folks Kaiser doesn't expect as much.  I set my goal at 149 because that would be 100 pounds gone from last year.  I weighed 176 when I graduated from high school in 1968 and can't wait to pass that up on the way down.  While I'd love to see low numbers, my greatest concern is heart health and knowing that my entire body is getting stronger.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views