Caught my daughter raiding my closet!

graciesmommie
on 8/11/10 1:35 am

The last 3 days my daughter has had cheerleading from 9-11am. My mother in law has been taking her since I'm still on pain meds. The last two mornings I woke up to her raiding my clothes. I have alot of college t-shirts. I have been wearing them alot lately since I am home recovering. This morning when I woke to her raiding my clothes again I couldn't help but laugh. She must think I am cute in these clothes if she wants to wear them herself. I haven't said anything to her just let her take what she wants. Last year this time she would have never been able to raid my closet or wear anything of mine. I think it is adorable. For me this was a tiny WOW moment.

Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Shannon D.
on 8/11/10 1:42 am
My daughter keeps asking me if she can have stuff when I "ungrow" it, lol. She is growing, I am shrinking, and we are getting close. I'm also so short that she is only a few inches shorter than me and our feet are about a half size apart now.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

graciesmommie
on 8/11/10 2:58 am
We cannot really share anything but shirts. She takes after my husband. I am 5ft 1....she is 5ft 8 1/2. I wear w size 61/2 shoe she wears an 8 1/2-9. Sometimes I worry how all this has effected her. She gets frustrated when I wear a 4-6 clothes and she is in a 9/10 or 11/12. I remind her that I had to have surgery so I could be healthy. She dances everyday of the week and cheers. She is very active and very healthy. I am very proud of her just want to make sure she is happy.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Shannon D.
on 8/11/10 3:03 am
I have two daughters I worry about. They have made comments about wanting to be thin (neither is overweight at all). I told them I was way overweight and unhealthy, now I cook super healthy for the whole family and they don't need to worry about it. I try not to make a big deal out of the numbers on the scale or my clothing sizes in front of them.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

italianspice
on 8/11/10 2:33 am - Eastlake, OH
That is so cool!
Love those non scale victories! They feel so good.
Hope you are feeling better.
Maria
Jody ***
on 8/11/10 2:44 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Yep - its fun!  Now I'm raiding my daughters PP (pre-pregnancy) closet!!  WOOHOO!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Mara C.
on 8/11/10 3:15 am - Millbury, MA
That's awesome!!!  What a great WOW moment and memory for you! 
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
louloubelle
on 8/11/10 3:37 am
VBG on 01/09/10 with
My daughter is 12 and was out of sorts at the start of the shrinking mom, I think she saw as she was fat and mom was thin, when really she is very thin. But now months later she is my best friend, she has figured out that it is fun to share things other than shoes....our feet are the same for probably just one more year, then I am sure she will have bigger feet than I do. I am pretty sure she will be a lot taller than my 5'2, She is close to passing me up already. But she too, has found that it is fun to shop in my closet. We can fit into the same size shirts and dresses, her jeans so far are way to small for me...she can fit into a 3..that is a size I don't want to see...I would be happy to stay in my 5-6's. Some days I think my body sees it different....as some are to big!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 362 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 487 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 542 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views