Sad News

shekicks
on 6/27/08 12:01 pm - Dallas, GA
So, so very sorry to hear of Colleen's passing.  I don't post much, still kind of new here, but I had been reading her posts and she seemed so excited about starting her new life.  My prayers go out to her daughter at this time and hope she finds comfort in the memory of her sweet mother. Beverly
fitby40something
on 6/27/08 12:26 pm - Southeast, MO
Colleen was a blessing to all of us.  I am just so sad and can only imagine the grief that Jenn is going through.  My heart goes out to Jenn and the rest of Colleen's (extended) family. Sleep in heavenly peace Colleen.  You are our angel now. Julie

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

yoyonomore
on 6/27/08 2:26 pm - Ottawa, Canada
This is truely a sad day.  My prayers are with her daughter and the rest of the family E

Audrey C.
on 6/27/08 2:33 pm - Airdrie, Canada
Hello! I actually was in contact with Colleen a few weeks ago when i was investigating the procedure for out of country approval for BC residents.  I lived there for 16 years and I can tell you that not a lot of people get WLS surgery there.  I was followed by several doctors there and not even once, was the possibility of WLS ever suggested to me.  The process for out of country approval is basically a lot more difficult than for us in Ontario, meaning a higher BMI is required, plus either diabetes or severe sleep apnea as a comorbidity.  You have to be at least 100 pounds overweight and I believe a BMI of over 55 or 60 ( not sure ).  So I guess the decision to go to Mexico for Colleen was well researched and was probably a lot cheaper.  Many people in BC go to MExico for WLS surgery. So all this to say, that based on the feedback she put on her Dr's forum, she had done her homework and had full confidence in her Dr.  I'm not saying that he didn't do anything wrong or that he did, but she did research her options. My sincere prayers go to her entire family in this difficult time. Audrey

HW - 305/ SW 292/CW175/gw140

mary M.
on 6/27/08 11:07 pm
How sad.  Thank you for letting us know.

Started: 216
Today: 154
Goal: 140

Lori Black
on 6/27/08 11:11 pm - , IN
Such horribly sad news.  I will keep Colleen's family in my thoughts during this terrible time.  I know her daughter is hurt right now, as well as her other loved ones. Lori
Eastcoastaloha
on 6/28/08 3:59 am - Suffolk, VA
I am so sorry to hear about Colleen. I will keep her family in my prayers. I have  my surgery on Monday. Please keep me in your prayers. Gwen
butterflygirl85
on 6/28/08 8:27 am - IN
This is such sad news. I'm pre op, new to the boards, & therefore didn't have a chance to meet Colleen. My thoughts & prayers go out to her daughter, family, & all of her family here who loved her.
Jill

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, love passionately, laugh insanely, & forgive quickly.

Health & Happiness,     Jill  butterfly 

slim2bnik
on 6/28/08 8:38 am - IL
I didn't know Colleen at all (seen a few of her posts); however, I'd like to express my sincere condolences. I know the terrible feeling of loosing someone. I wish her daughter much strength and courage to get through this difficult time. ~Nikki

~Nik

Olivertwist
on 6/29/08 3:19 am - Canada
Colleen was an amazing woman who touched so many lives.  She was a friend and a coworker.  She was always smiling and she had nicknames for many of us at work.  She called me "my Emelina".  Everytime she saw me, she would give me a hug.  She picked me up when I was down - we laughed together and we cried together. Yesterday at work we all found out that she passed on.  Many tears were shed.  Haven't heard of any service as of yet...will let you know if I hear of anything.  I know Colleen researched her doctor and this surgery very thoroughly. She told me that she was confident in her surgeron. For those to say that she went there because it was cheaper, might not be the case.  Please don't speculate and respect her decision that she made.  With all surgeries there is a risk and there is a chance of complications post operatively.  One should be very well informed with any type of surgery that they are going to have.  We still don't know what happened with our Colleen. My heart goes out to all her family and friends.  She was a real special person to all that came in contact with her.  I am so glad that you have all gotten to know her and that you were supportive in her decision and that you were there for her to answer her questions and share your experiences with her.  She was so looking forward to having a "new life" after the surgery!!! My heart breaks to think about that I won't hear her giggle, or see her beautiful smile or hear her talk about her day with her daughter.  My gosh - the relationship that they had was truly amazing. My thoughts are so with you Jenn...if you are reading this and you need anything please let me know!!! Emely      (Langley, BC)
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 363 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 489 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 544 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views