Sad News

Nancy K.
on 6/27/08 6:13 am - Cornwall, Canada
How very sad to read this news.  I heard about it through the Ontario forum and am in shock.  What a terrible thing to happen.  My heart goes out to her daughter Jenn. Thank you for letting us know this happened.  Please know that Colleen, Jenn and their families are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Nancy
  JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Cathey
on 6/27/08 7:01 am - Northern, CA
My prayers and thoughts are with her family.  So shocking and sad. 
Cathey    218/203/176/118??  highest/surgery/current/goal

Jazzed
on 6/27/08 7:20 am - Bullhead City, AZ
My heartfelt condolences and strongest prayers go out to this family right now. I know there really is nothing that can be said to give comfort or ease the sadness and devastation you all must be dealing with right now, but please know you are in many hearts and prayers as you endure this.
Hope Sees The Invisible, Feels The Intangible, And Achieves The Impossible!   Author Unknown

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End     Semisonic
Orange12
on 6/27/08 7:22 am - CA
Wow this is very scary.  I am pre-op and yes this scares me.  I was not ever considering Mexico, but it is us lightweights that more often then not have to self pay.  It puts us in a position to make a choice like colleen had to make.  However, I am considering VSG not bypass.  It is a much simpler procedure, however, there are not many doc's in the US who have don a lot of them so many of our folks on the VSG forum go to Mexico.   There is one doc down there who has done 600 sleeves.  We are hard pressed to find that here in the states with the exception of litterally a few surgeons nationwide.  My heart goes out to her family.  What a shock.
Taminator
on 6/27/08 7:28 am - MS
I am also very shocked and saddened. Not only are my prayers going out for her family, but to ours too!!! We're all affected and it is nice to know we have support right here.
mis42
on 6/27/08 8:16 am
Where did Collen have surgery & who was the surgeon?
Tracistrying
on 6/27/08 9:03 am - Somewhere in, WA
On page 1 of this thread, MajorMom posted Colleen's picture and a link to her profile.  I believe the info is there. Very sad news.  It makes everyone think.  Hearfelt condolences to the family.

Hugs, Traci    DD=264            SD=245        CW=148       GW=150     I'm 5' 7"  

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 8:48 am
Brenda thank you for letting us all know. As I sit here trying to type through the tears I am thinking of how excited Colleen was to have this surgery and begin her new life and how worried Jenn was having lost her father as a young girl she must be beside herself in pain over the loss of her mom (it was just the two of the Colleen had said). Colleen was such a love I feel blessed to have been one of her OH friends. Jenn and all her family are in my prayers and I trully beleive Colleen is watching over her OH friends to make sure we are there for Jenn as much as we can be she loved her baby girl so very much.
Jenny R.
on 6/27/08 9:33 am

I'm so sad to hear about Colleen's passing. Shocked really.  My heart goes out to her daughter. When I logged on this evening- Colleen was actually on my mind. I was anxious to get an update on her status. I was so afraid  when Bren had wrote about Colleen taking so long from the time of surgery, to when she got  back to a regular room. ........................... I knew something was wrong. May Colleen rest in ever lasting peace. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. (including her O.H. friends)                                Jenny R.

Discovery02466
on 6/27/08 11:41 am - Newton, MA
Wow...not the news we expected...Our thoughts to her family...I don't know what to say...we've lost a part of our family...it makes me thankful even more for making it to where I am today post op...

~Jenn

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 363 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 489 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 544 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views