Sad News

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 3:10 am - Canada
I am devastated.  Colleen was a wonderful person and a great lady.  I am going to miss her so much!  Most sincere condolances to her family. 
Bren & George
on 6/27/08 3:43 am - Sunland, CA
Ok Still in a bit of a state of shock here myself so here it goes... I do have a phone call and a email back to her daughter asking her if something more went wrong. I did talk to Colleen on the phone Tuesday and overall she sounded good, was sorry her daughter didn't call me but they had her in surgery from 3pm till 11pm and on tuesday she still didn't know why.  We discussed it and i told her she needed to ask why , she was going to call me back once she knew and never did, i figured it was just the situation of her having to use a calling card and being moved into the area to a care resort which she told me she had to stay for a couple weeks for them to keep an eye on her. I woke up this morning to the email you all see posted above and do not know the reasons of which caused her death.  When and if Jenn is able to reply to me i will update. Thanks Gina for x posting this to her friends on the rny board. Hugs Brenda

Brenda's ticker    
                                                  Georges's ticker
Proud Angel to Tantrica-CPL60,obrienbus18-JackieW- Magenta40

* JuneCleaver *
on 6/27/08 3:46 am
Wow. I am just speechless. What an incredible loss and I can't even comprehend what her daughter is going through right now. Thank you for sharing Bren - I know this isn't easy on you either. My thoughts are with her family in their time of need.

Lap RNY 6/7/07 (Consult -196 / Current - 111.2) 
LBL/BA 8/13/08  
Coccygectomy 3/09

Bren & George
on 6/27/08 3:53 am - Sunland, CA
Being someone's angel means you have to be prepared for the good and the possible bad, I didn't expect the bad but I hope I do Colleen proud in letting her friends know what happened to her as best I can. She will be missed on here by all her WLS friends. Bren

Brenda's ticker    
                                                  Georges's ticker
Proud Angel to Tantrica-CPL60,obrienbus18-JackieW- Magenta40

* JuneCleaver *
on 6/27/08 3:58 am
You are TRULY an angel!

Lap RNY 6/7/07 (Consult -196 / Current - 111.2) 
LBL/BA 8/13/08  
Coccygectomy 3/09

susiewong
on 6/27/08 4:00 am - NV
OMG....I am just shaken and sick over this.  I do know this is always a personal decision to have this done and there is always a chance with any surgery something could go wrong.  We all must remember how many lives have been saved as a direct result of this surgery.  How many of us are off medications, etc. My heart goes out to her entire family and especially her daughter who must be so angry and sadden of her mother's decision to go through this surgery.  I believe Colleen had this surgery because she did love herself and wanted to have a healthy life here on out.  God bless them all.

SUSIEWONG
5'4 (Surgery: 226) (Presently: 133) (Doc's Goal: 141)

mara4u
on 6/28/08 4:11 am - NJ
This is so sad. :( May God give her daughter the strength to bear the pain of loosing a mother .Its not easy.God bless this family. Mara
Liz M.
on 6/27/08 4:08 am
I can't even believe what I just read.  I'm so heart broken that we lost such a sweet friend.  I feel so bad for her family and my heart and prayers go out to them at this difficult time.  I was so looking forward to hearing an update from her, she was always such a sweetheart. So sad :(
Kim_68
on 6/27/08 4:14 am
I am so sad to read this post.  I heard about it on the Ontario Forum.  Sweet, Jenn, my heart aches for you.  Your words made me cry.   May memories of your Mom bring a small space of peace for you. 

Tabetha A.
on 6/27/08 4:29 am - Ajax, Canada
That's really sad   My heart goes out to Colleen's family. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 363 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 489 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 544 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views