Becoming real...

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/21/11 9:03 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
Over the weekend I received two letters regarding my surgery. One was an approval from my insurance approving me to be able to be seen and treated at Torrance Memorial (this hospital is out of my area so I had to get approved first) which is where I'll have my surgery. Then I got a letter reserving my last appointment with the Dietician which is a One-on-One whereas all the others have been group sessions. I was confused at first and called my surgeons office and they told me these are the last few steps before they submit for final insurance approval. Everything is becoming a reality and its really exciting and scary at the same time. I also need clothes but have been holding off on buying anything because I don't want to waste money when I'll be losing weight so fast once January comes.  My question is how did you ladies cope with the constant size changes after surgery. I really don't want to get new clothes until I get really close to my goal weight. Advice or suggestions? Thanks xoxo 

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

smiley_k
on 11/21/11 10:38 am
First off, congratulations on how things are going in regard to your surgery. It is scary, but it's mostly exciting, so keep positive and follow your clinic's rules and you'll do great! Best of luck!

As for your question, I'm not sure what you have in your area, but see if there are support groups around you that do clothing swaps. That can be a good place to start. As well, the Value Village boutique or Good Will, especially on 50% off days, can become a real asset. Sometimes I find that consignment shops can become expensive, but if you search through all the stuff, you can find some nice items at a good price. I also have a consignment store in my area that is targeted toward high school/ university students and so carries brands and styles that you would find in popular stores. Some stuff, I think that buying consignment and buying brand new if you can get a discount are pretty comparable so I'll wait for sales at some stores and take coupons (i.e. I often get 30% off Old Navy coupons that can go a long way if you find in-store deals).

My clothing selection is more pieces I can mix and match to create multiple outfits and thats it. The inner shopoholic in me is busting because now I can fit into normal size stores, I want to shop, I'm waiting to do major shopping until closer to goal. That being said, I did use reaching my first major goal (50 pounds down) as an incentive to allow myself some retail therapy!   
Katie  ♥     

exohexoh
on 11/22/11 12:15 am - West Chester, PA
 i do a lot of clothes shopping at target and old navy, especially when things are on sale. now that i fit into them, i get things at forever 21 and h&m too since they're relatively cheap and not made to last long anyway. i am stabalizing a bit so i have bought a few nicer pieces (i bought a betsey johnson coat at a sample sale that is a little tight now but fits, and if it does end up being big i can layer under it and have bought a few things at the guess and bebe outlets). 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/23/11 12:31 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
this is really good info thanks ladies. i guess i have been googling too much because i am so afraid of anesthetic awarenes...omg so freaky. i gotta check out the thrift stores cuz i usually don't shop in them...old navy is a good one and i love forever 21 just cant wait till i fit into more stuff from there

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 525 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2317 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4180 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6741 views