husband and wife getting surgery on same day?

jowenm
on 2/22/15 7:01 am - STATEN ISLAND, NY

In had RNY in July 2007.My dearest friends planned their surgeries with out asking my advice, but the worst part is they are doing it on same day ???? When I probed they treated it like they were getting matching tattoos. I am so frustrated, does this sound like a good idea to anyone? 

severman
on 2/22/15 11:09 am - Indianapolis, IN

I have seen it work out for two out of three couples that I know that have had it.  They were able to be supportive to be other, able to eat the same things at the same time, and understand more what each other were going through.  In the third couples case, the husband had major complications and the wife was not physically well enough to provide the extra care he needed.  It cost them majorly to have to hire a nurse to come in and care for him.  He ended up resenting his wife for healing faster and progressing faster than he did, and it ended up causing major problems in their marriage.  They are still together, but he still has some resentment.  

sdrichm
on 2/24/15 10:08 am

That is very interesting.  Both my wife and I are going through this together and the medical team is very supportive of us having surgery at the same time.  With that being said, we have to wonderful kids in college yet living at home so the extra support will be there.

I would be interested in hearing from others that have ran into go and bad situations when having them together...

Thanks!

jowenm
on 2/27/15 10:40 am - STATEN ISLAND, NY

They answered me today . So they would  be there for each other in the hospital, I just kept quiet. I am too independent to think like that. I needed my husband once the nurses, morphine, and hospital beds were gone. And even then just for one day. They are bickering, because of the mental situation.

sdrichm
on 2/24/15 10:10 am

That is very interesting.  Both my wife and I are going through this together and the medical team is very supportive of us having surgery at the same time.  With that being said, we have to wonderful kids in college yet living at home so the extra support will be there.

I would be interested in hearing from others that have ran into go and bad situations when having them together...

Thanks!

jowenm
on 2/26/15 5:15 am - STATEN ISLAND, NY

Thanks for your input. They survived, they were not prepared. They have a long way to go, I just shake my head...

Most Active
Recent Topics