Recent Posts

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 1/6/11 11:20 pm - WA
Topic: RE: I just got Approved for Plastic Surgery!!
Great news! I had a tummy tuck 5 years ago and it makes so much difference!

merrilou
cjuni
on 1/6/11 6:58 pm
Topic: RE: 1 week to go
Being nervous is normal, surgery is a big step.  My surgery was scheduled for the 19th and now I am told they need to reschedule it.................arrrrgh.  
The pre-op for me was easy, talk to the anesthesia, blood work and chest x-ray,....it is the waiting that is frustrating me.  I have had all my paperwork done since November.....arrrrgggghhhh.  But we both know it will definitely be worth it............we will be HEALTHY 
vhagen20
on 1/6/11 5:18 pm - Lacey, WA
Topic: RE: Panni at Madigan
Im not sure on that. Im a Patient at Madigan getting ready for the surgery myself. I heard they wont do plastic now?

Im assuming you had the surgery there  and I was wondering about how long after the pshyc tests will I be waiting for the surgery or surgery date? I think im near but I have the second pshyc part left and I think im done with the path after that? Anyways thanks!
Lindsey82
on 1/6/11 3:12 pm
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
My name is Lindsey, and I am from Kelso, WA. I had my RNY on July 30, 2010 and have lost 100 pounds as of yesterday morning. I have not felt this good in years! I am married to a man in law enforcement, and I am a school teacher. I would LOVE to know if there are any support groups in my area, as I had my rny in Seattle. I will even start one if there are people who need this accountability as well.

amyattitude
on 1/6/11 1:20 pm - Longview, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
Hi. I'm Amy. I am 33 and live in Longview WA. I am 6 days away from RNY surgery @ SWWMC in Vancouver. I have 2 kids and am a stay at home mom. Still making thru the skim milk diet. I haven't cheated AT ALL!  I am hoping for a goal weight of 135.

amyattitude
on 1/6/11 1:10 pm - Longview, WA
My surgery is the same day as yours. I was fine until I had my preop. The dr. gave me a sheet about what exactly would happen with my surgery. The second I read "catheter" I freaked out. I don't know why that scares me so much.  I am still excited though. I keep reminding myself about how hard I worked to get here.

Katie M.
on 1/6/11 12:34 pm - WA
You are having absolutely normal feelings! Congrats!!!

ptsdwidow
on 1/6/11 9:42 am
Topic: RE: Unavoidable and avoidable negatives of WLS?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Helen, are you doing much better now?
Helen_Anne
on 1/6/11 8:14 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: I just got Approved for Plastic Surgery!!
I just found out that my insurance approved me for Plastic Surgery. Since my rashes were a my waist rather than my "hang over" I was approved for an extend tummy tuck.  YEAH!

My surgery date is Feb 8.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Helen_Anne
on 1/6/11 8:12 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Aetna
If you have Bariatric Surgery as a covered benifit than you should be approved.  I think that Aetna has a list of Preferred Bariatric providers... you may want to check with Aetna to make sure you don't have to go to one of their Preferred providers.

Usually to be covered you need to have a BMI over 40 with no co-morbidity (diabetes, High blood pressure, sleep apnea... etc) or have a BMI of over 35 and 1 to 2 co-morbidities.

I hope this helps!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Most Active