Recent Posts

Maryellen R.
on 1/9/11 12:13 am - Sayville, NY
Topic: Vegas Meet & Greet
 Who's coming to the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America's Meet & Greet?

It's going to be a BLAST!

wlsfa.org/las-vegas-meet-and-greet/
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Katie M.
on 1/8/11 10:14 am - WA
Topic: RE: Flailing and asking for support
Hi there, I work for a Bariatric Program local to you - Our wellness and aftercare is done through Pacific Nutrition & Wellness in Edmonds. There are programs that you can join in for aftercare even if you had surgery elsewhere! Please... go to website www.pacificnutritionwellness.com and check events calendar for free support groups!!! We have a band one in Edmonds, not sure when theyre meeting this month, but we have one in Marysville for all surgeries too! Check it out please and you will find you are NOT alone Kudos to you for putting yourself out there - that is NOT easy!!!!
Hislady
on 1/8/11 6:14 am - Vancouver, WA
I absolutely agree with Mary Ellen! With the band you can always start over at any time. First of all I suggest you come on over to the lapband board and post there. We have daily posts on what folks are eating and execise challenges. I find it much easier to stay on track if I journal what I'm eating. Go to your doc appt. that's what he's there for to help you thru this journey, fess up to him and ask if he has any suggestions. Hope to see you on the band board we'd love to try to help you out, believe me you aren'tthe only one in that boat!
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 3:42 am
Topic: RE: 1 week to go
my surgery is scheduled for Feb. 23. i'm still on cloud nine, but i know that the closer i get the more anxous i will be.  when i do get anxous, i remember my mom & brother giving themselves insulin shots and praying for them after heart surgery. i will do everything in my pwer to see that my children and husband never have to watch me do that. this is my gift to no only myself, but to the people i love so dearly.  thank goodness for this site. it really helps to see others have the same feelings as yourself.
Maryellen R.
on 1/7/11 9:48 pm - Sayville, NY
 Hi Krisinta,

Don't be so hard on yourself!  You are not alone.  Ok, you have an awareness of your lack of support and I am a true believer that SUPPORT IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!  Statistics show that succesful post ops go to a few support group meeting every month and utliize as much virtaul support in between as humanly possible.  
PLEASE don't give up!
Please read this poem that I found a few years ago here on OH, I hope it helps you.
      LIPO (Long Island Post-Ops)
START OVER!
If you've started out in pursuit of your goal
And you've really tried with your heart and your soul,
but somehow things got out of control ---
START OVER.
When you've tried your best to do what you should
And you thought this time that you surely would,
But once again, you didn't do good ---
START OVER.
When you've worked so hard to follow a dieter's way
And you fought to win a victory each day
But one more time you went astray ---
START OVER.
When you've tried so hard to yourself to be true
And do the things that you know you should do
But once again you failed to come through ---
START OVER.
When the road to success seemed much too long
And each temptation was oh so strong
And once again you gave in to wrong ---
START OVER.
When you've told your friends what you planned to do
And trusted them to help you through
But soon discovered it's up to you ---
START OVER.
When you know you must be physically fit,
But your hope seems gone and you're stuck in a pit
That's not the time for you to quit ---
START OVER.
When the week seems long and successes few
And at weigh-in time you're feeling blue
Remember tomorrow is just for you ---
START OVER.
To start again means a victory's been won
And starting over again means a race well run
And starting over again proves it can be done
So don't just sit there ---
START OVER. 

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Lindsey82
on 1/7/11 4:33 pm
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
I am 28 and live in Kelso, Wa. I am  a teacher and had rny on July 30th. Just hit my 100 pounds lost a couple of days ago.

ZiggyZiggler
on 1/7/11 12:43 pm - Everett, WA
Topic: Flailing and asking for support
Hi, my name is Kristina and I got banded April 2010. I don't know why, but I have sabotoged myself since about 8 weeks after the surgery. I could have lost 80 pounds by now, but have only lost 15. One thing I have not done is get connected with any groups or support of any kind. The lap band hasn't failed. It's me that wanted this so badly,   and I have failed to do any of the right things to make it work. Anybody out there want to toss me a line? Start giving me instructions to be obedient to? One day at a time check ins? Something? Every day I do all kinds of things to outrun facing up to this and today I was going to sit and force myself to journal for 5 minutes and decided it would maybe be more effective to tell my truth to other people rather than write it and forget about it.

I don't know what else to say right now, except that I know it's possible that even 60-90 days from now my outlook towards life could be so much better, and using this tool I've been blessed with (lap band) could be showing so much better results.

I have 8.5 in 11 CC band right now and am due for a fill Monday, Jan 10.  I don't even think I should go to that appointmen because I know I haven't done things right from the get-go. I hope I haven't stretched my stomach pouch all out of whack. What a waste of surgery that would be. Please help.
debbie O.
on 1/7/11 11:52 am - snohomish, WA
Topic: RE: I just got Approved for Plastic Surgery!!
 How exciting! Are you having it done @ VM or somewhere else?
amyattitude
on 1/7/11 5:00 am - Longview, WA
Topic: RE: Where are you in Washington? Care to share a few details about yourself?
There are support groups in Vancouver. I was thinking about starting a group on here for SW WA. I see lots of them for the Seattle area, but none for us around here.

VallartaTiffany
on 1/7/11 4:50 am
Topic: RE: 1 week to go
It's already been said but you are feeling the way we all have that have gone into any surgery.  :)

You have lots of people that will be thinking about you on "your day"!  Stay positive and get all your questions answered, no need to go into something not knowing.  I know this forum was a wonderful resource for me before I had my surgery.

Congratulations on your journey!

Most Active