Recent Posts

Helen_Anne
on 1/13/11 8:36 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Surgeon Around Fed Way?
Welcome to Washington!!!

While I did not have a Lap Band... My surgeon Dr Hunter  at the Federal Way Virginia Mason Clinic will see patients who have moved into the area.  Kat Redmond (PA) does most of the fills.... I think most are done with floroscopy.

There a informational meeting  for the Bariatrics Program at the Federal Way Virginia Mason this Saturday from 10 to 11:30.  You can meet the Federal Way Bariatric Team.

They just had the Band Support group... on Tuesday.

Here is the website for Virginia Mason Bariatric Program.

http://vnet2.vmmc.org/dept.cfm?id=1092

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Katy C.
on 1/13/11 1:14 am
Topic: Surgeon Around Fed Way?
Hi Everyone!

I just moved to Federal Way from Las Vegas and need to find myself a surgeon. I had Lap-Band on 6.8.10 and although I do not need a fill or any care at the moment, I'd like to find someone before I have a need.

Though I have already received a couple of recommendations, one of my concerns is the rules the surgeon lays out. And I haven't found a surgeon yet that has similar rules to the ones I was given from my surgeon in Las Vegas.

So briefly, my rules are to eat 4 oz of food 3 times per day with no snacking in between. 60 to 90g of protein, 64+ oz of water per day, to not eat over 800 calories per day, and no limitations to the types of food I can eat (meaning bread, rice, pasta, etc is fine as long as I personally tolerate it).

If you have a surgeon you'd like to tell me about, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance.

Follow my journey on YouTube or visit my blog, The Band in Me!

All weight loss is post-op.
Sandy69
on 1/12/11 11:25 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Topic: RE: Can any one suggest a good Surgeon @ Madigan?
Hello, I had a chance to meet Dr. Sebesta and he is a great Surgeon. He is pretty busy but he will take his time explaining everything to you. My friend had him as her surgeon and she loved his bedside manors but it will be up to you and who you feel the most comfortable with . I will have my Eval and Wellness Testing in a week or so and then meet with the Surgeon to talk about what surgery to get, I am still back and forth about RNY or the Sleeve. I have to take care of horses so I need to be up and running as soon as possible. Good Luck!
kathy-schuldt
on 1/11/11 1:37 am - bremerton, WA
I did not have to do a liquid diet prior to surgery and i did go home with a drain tube.  I had surgery on Monday home by Wednesday afternoon had tube removed on Tuesday.  The tube removal was not fun but a relief to have gone. I have found from our support group up here in Bremerton that every surgen is differant and so is every surgery. Keep us updated and good luck.
hw:258  sw:217  gw:140    height: 5'          
Maryellen R.
on 1/10/11 9:36 pm - Sayville, NY
Topic: How are you "moving to lose" today?
 How are you moving to lose today?  
Spare us nothing  inquiring minds want to know!

Well, I finally signed up for my next 5K (it's been 2 years)

and began training for it this morning!
NOW, if I can only seriously plot to kill that freakin damn carb monster for once and for all!!!!!!!!!!  

Has anybody ever tried P90X? Comments/Suggestions

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

canonico
on 1/10/11 1:53 pm - WA
 I am meeting with Dr. Kjorsted on the 18th. I am excited and hoping he will be able to schedule my surgery around the 20th of Feb. Did he have you do the liquid diet prior to surgery? Also did you have a drain in afterwards? I have heard that every surgeon at Madigan does things a little different.

Hislady
on 1/10/11 1:25 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: HELP
I have feet issues also so I understand how difficult it is. I bought a used recumbent bike and ride that. It gives you the exercise without the pressure on your feet. If you have a DVD player you cn get videos where they sit to exercise or even sitting down and "walking" your legs while you sit can help. Good luck to you!
canonico
on 1/10/11 8:55 am - WA
Topic: Going to meet with surgeon
 I got the call today!! I am going to meet with my surgeon on January 18!! I just finished the pathways at Madigan. I am going to meet with Dr Kjorstad. Can anyone give me some good questions I should ask him? I know the basic things I need to ask but maybe some of you who have already had your surgery have some questions you wish you would of ask before your surgery.

Diane DeSeranno
on 1/10/11 8:34 am - Long Beach, WA
Topic: HELP
I had my surgery in Nov. 2005. I lost 150 lbs. and looked good, felt great. But I have had 5 surgeries on my feet since then, so getting out and walking has not been an option. And I have gained back 20 lbs. that I need to get off. HELP! how do I do it? I need ideas and support.

tootsasue
on 1/10/11 8:03 am
Topic: RE: I just got Approved for Plastic Surgery!!
Whoo Hoo Helen. I am so excited for you. Althoug mine has been a *****allenging, I am amazed at the difference.

Congratulations!!!!
Connie
Most Active