Recent Posts

Hislady
on 1/17/11 8:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: New to Washington....
Well I'm no help then, I live down by Vancouver. Good luck!
Kelly W.
on 1/17/11 5:29 am - WA

yes I am sorry I live in the Olympia and work in the Seattle area.  Thanks  ooooppppssss new I forgot something.
Thanks Again
Kelly
Hislady
on 1/17/11 3:54 am - Vancouver, WA
What part of WA are you in? It's a big state, we could help more if we know where you are.
Kelly W.
on 1/16/11 12:58 pm - WA
Topic: New to Washington....
 I just moved from California to Washington and had gastric bypass in 2008.  I need a good plastic surgeon.  Any suggestions please.  I love my weight but not what is under the clothes.  Any help is truly appreciated.
Thanks

paulasb
on 1/16/11 11:18 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: RE: Surgeon Around Fed Way?
Welcome to Washington!
You might try Myur Srikanth at St Francis hospital In Federal Way. 253-815-7774
He's a great surgeon with a good bedside manner and a pretty strick meal program, but he gets results.
Good luck.
ptsdwidow
on 1/15/11 7:59 pm
Topic: Day Four--Post Op
Greetings All!

Today marks Day Four of my life post-op. My surgery went well, and aside from an oxygen issue, I believe I am doing well. I'm having a terrible time of eating all the protein I need to eat. I really detest the protein shakes! I'm on a full liquid diet now. I strain cream of _____ soups and make them with enriched milk, but that is hardly enough protein. Yesterday, I could not eat 6 times throughout the day. My goal today is to eat more (protein and all) than I did yesterday. I really want this to work!
vitalady
on 1/15/11 10:33 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Clothing swap/party? South Sound area.
We did this for years, but eventually, I had more than my minivan could carry!

However, if you go to live support groups, some of them have swaps every few months.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

RedsHotMomma
on 1/14/11 11:17 am - Fort Rucker, AL
Topic: RE: Can any one suggest a good Surgeon @ Madigan?
thank you all for the advice. I am still yet to meet an actual doctor. I went to the introduction seminar in October. I'm on the waiting list right now. They told me it's 3-5 months before I can even start pathways.

I was seeing a surgeon in Alabama to do the lap band but long story short. I got my surgery approved and I was in the holding room talking to the anesthesiologist and they told me that I can not have the surgery because I have a UTI. So according to Dr. Sabesta, I have to start all over again. I'm sure you can all see my frustration. Since then I had found out that Tricare doesn't pay for the fills on the lap band, so I have to reconsider which surgery I would like to have. Right now I'm thinking about seeing a doctor out in town to get started with my surgery and switching to getting the Gastric sleeve. Any advice on procedures or what I should do?

Also do any of you attend the support group meetings on base? Is it any good? I live out in Yelm & I would need to find day care for my little ones if I go.
kakkling
on 1/14/11 10:11 am - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: Surgeon Around Fed Way?
Helen,

Thanks for your reply.  I will have her call his office. The sad part is that most Drs
do not want to have anything to do with people who have gone to Mexico.

Good luck to you with your up and coming surgery. I have been watching you from the start and you have done so well!

Take care,
Kelly
canonico
on 1/14/11 7:54 am - WA
Topic: RE: Clothing swap/party? South Sound area.
 I live in Lacey and will be having surgery towards the end of Feb. I would like to get together and start a clothing swap group.

Most Active