Recent Posts

Kelly W.
on 1/22/11 2:49 am - WA
Topic: RE: Clothing swap/party? South Sound area.
 Wow I live in Olympia Wa now too.  I wish I would of had that when I was going through the weight loss.  When you get down to 10's, 8's and 6's let me know.  I got rid of all my other clothes but still have these.  You are probably thinking you will never get there, believe me that is what I thought and I am a size 4.  Good luck on your wonderful journey.  Where is the nearest support group?  Do you know?  I would love to join one.
KarrieMassotti
on 1/22/11 2:45 am - Kent, WA
Topic: RE: Clothing swap/party? South Sound area.
I am the leader for South Puget Sound Support group and we do swaps a few times a year.

Our next meeting happens to be one where we will do one again.  3PM Feb 5th at the Auburn Library. 

It is a little North for you but may be worth the drive to be able to participate. 

Here is our OH event page where you can get more  info:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/events/action,event_detail/event_id,5045/

Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

RuhRohRoxzy
on 1/22/11 12:22 am
Topic: Plastic surgery residency programs in WA state?
I'm looking into having plastic surgery.  Does anyone know of any plastic surgery residency programs here in WA state?  Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you for your time

Roxzy
~Livin' the dream~

Current weight :  148  (12 pounds below goal)    
Goal reached on January 28th, 2011 (160 pounds)

'Ultimate Goal' of 149 met April 1st 2011 :)
March 10th 2010, I wore a size 28 womens plus, when I started my pre op diet. 
As of May1st  2011... I'm in a misses size 6 

Ambelina
on 1/21/11 1:16 pm - Salem, OR
Topic: RE: Gastric Band Support Group Meeting Reminder
Hi Lisa,
how did it go for you in the holidays?  Was it uou that had parents you were helping get settled in?    I'm going to get my aunt to come with me.  I will keep you posted.  If not , I think my mom like to make a weekend of it.

Hope family and work are going well. 

Amy
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

Diane DeSeranno
on 1/21/11 7:13 am - Long Beach, WA
Topic: RE: HELP
Sorry, no pool. We do have a Curves, but the circle program did hurt my feel.
Thank you for your help.
I now have a recumbent bike so I have the exercise thing going, but I guess my biggest problem is ME! I am working on getting my eating habits back to what they use to be. Eating less more often, low calorie foods, drink more water and up the proteins. And stop eating junk. It was to easy to slip back to eating the way I did that got me here in the first place. The tiny tiny pouch doesn't last forever. That why the talk about the honeymoon periods being over

Diane DeSeranno
on 1/21/11 7:09 am - Long Beach, WA
Topic: RE: HELP
Thank you for your help. Yes I now have a recumbent bike so I have the exercise thing going, but I guess my biggest problem is ME! I am working on getting my eating habits back to what they use to be. Eating less more often, low calorie foods, drink more water and up the proteins. And stop eating junk. It was to easy to slip back to eating the way I did that got me here in the first place. The tiny tiny pouch doesn't last forever. That why the talk about the honeymoon periods being over.

Sandy69
on 1/20/11 11:55 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Topic: RE: Bariatric Surgery at Madigan/Fort Lewis/Wellness Test question
Hello heathermc44,
Thank  you so much for all your help, I really appreciate it. Yes I menat the psych eval,  I guess Madigan has a different approach with the test.
I have two appointments the first one will be pen and paper where I have to write down my answers or mark them, something like that.
And the second appointment is to sit down with a Major Boyd and talk about the test results (I am guessing with that).
I do not like taking 'tests' like that since it will not tell them about me or how I am, so I am a little disappointed about that I just rather talk with a person. Oh well.
Thank you again for all your help!

Sandy     

heathermc44
on 1/20/11 11:01 am - Bremerton, WA
Topic: RE: Bariatric Surgery at Madigan/Fort Lewis/Wellness Test question
Hi Sandy,
I had my surgery at Madigan in July and have been very pleased with the process, surgery and aftercare.  I believe any surgeon from Madigan is going to be great.  I attend a support group at the Bremerton Naval Hospital and we all have had different surgeons and so far I have heard of no complaints from any.  You really don't have much choice to your surgeon.  When you get done with the pathway and call for your presurgery appt. they will give you a couple dates with different surgeons and that's how you get your surgeon.  I had Dr. Rush, who also happens to be the head of the bariatric department.  I really liked him and felt he was the right person from me.  I'm not sure what you mean by the wellness test.  Is this the psych eval?  I had a psych eval with an independent psychologist.  She talked to me for about an hour and then wrote up a report basically stating that I was a good fit for having the surgery.

Anyway, hope this helps.  Good luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to private message me.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/20/11 9:21 am
Topic: RE: Questions????

I "gained", but it's not a real gain. With every surgery I've ever had, I gained with water, because some of our bodies love that saline IV. It's temporary and your body will just pee it out when the IV is removed.

If you ever take something for pain for the fibromyalgia, that may be another reason you would be better off not getting RNY. You cannot take ANY type of NSAID for pain, ever again with RNY. The sleeve (or DS if you feel you need malabsorption) are OK for any type of pain med.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/20/11 9:03 am
Topic: RE: Flailing and asking for support
Stop and take a breath.

If it were easy for us to diet and lose this weight with will power and discipline, then we wouldn't have needed surgery!

So GO to the next fill, and get to where the band is giving you adequate restriction, which is what you need for help. If you're going to just try and white knuckle it, you wouldn't have tried the band, so try to use it to the best of it's ability, and go through with the fill. Cut yourself some slack, and things should get easier when the band if filled to it's "sweet spot".
Most Active