Recent Posts

canonico
on 1/25/11 8:46 am - WA
Topic: Feeling very nervous about upcoming surgery
 I am going to have the sleeve on Feb 7 at Madigan. I thought I was ok with everything. I could tell that my mind was starting to adjust to all the new changes that is upcoming. But the last couple days I can feel I am very anxious. I have anxiety and I feel like I am on the verge of a panic attack. Is this normal? Should I go talk to my Dr?

onefunolygirl
on 1/24/11 1:55 pm - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: Clothing swap/party? South Sound area.
I am a little confused as to the meeting dates.  One area says the third tuesday of each month and the event area on the group post lists each tuesday so I have sent a message to the group leader as well as posting it on the group discussion board to clarify.  Will let you know once I find out.  I look forward to meeting you.

-Teresa

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 12:44 pm - Olympia, WA
I am planning to attend this next coming one.... I'm a shift at Starbucks, so I'm always working early am's, nights, etc, so I will be requesting that set day of the month off so I'm always free that evening. See you there! I believe its Feb 15th, Tuesday, at 6pm (correct me if I'm wrong)!

Alissa
Susan O.
on 1/24/11 6:59 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: Plastic surgery residency programs in WA state?
UW Medical Center does have a residency program - but that's all I know about it~
onefunolygirl
on 1/24/11 5:15 am - Olympia, WA
Congratulations on your success.  You are doing great.  Hope to meet you sometime at the Tumwater support group.  Let me know if you are planning to attend.  I have not gone yet but have been thinking about it.

Teresa

5' 6", 53 years old 

First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

onefunolygirl
on 1/24/11 5:04 am - Olympia, WA
I have not attended this meeting yet, but I would like to attend as well.  Let me know if you girls are planning to attend the next meeting. Would love to see this support group grow. 

5' 6", 53 years old 

Susan O.
on 1/23/11 10:23 am, edited 1/24/11 1:16 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Thru Thick N' Thin Support Group - Monday
Hi Everyone!
Make YOU a priority in 2011! People that attend Support Groups are "MOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED! "
The TTNT Support Group meeting is from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan 24th, (and every 4th Monday of the Month) at the Fire Station at 114th & A Street, Parkland (Tacoma, 98444). Everyone is welcome - all docs and surgery types.
From I-5, take Exit 127 which is Hwy 512, east toward Puyallup. Take the Pacific Ave Exit (south - right), and immediately get into the left lane, and turn left at 112th Street. Go 1 block and turn right onto A Street go 2 1/2 blocks south to Violet Meadows Street and turn right, and quickly another right into the parking lot at the back of the Fire Station.The meeting room door locks automatically, so please knock if it's closed.
Looking forward to seeing less of you!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Kelly W.
on 1/23/11 2:50 am - WA
 That sounds great I would like to attend.  Yes I just moved here at the end of October from California.  My hubby has been here for 3 years but I was waiting for my kids to graduate from High School before I uprooted them.  My youngest graduated in 2010 so then we moved.  I have been trying to change my profile to say Washington but not smart enough ha ha.
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 10:43 pm - Olympia, WA
It may be a little far of a drive, but I will keep it on my radar... Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 10:41 pm - Olympia, WA
I will let you know, thank you for the offer that is so nice.

I was so excited yesterday b/c I stopped by Lane Bryant to see what was on sale (will need a pair of new work pants) and I found the exact style that I've been wearing, and on sale for $15! The coolest part was that before I was wearing a 20 and it was super tight... And I fit into the size 16. Totally passed the 18's... woohoo! I was so happy and I'm only 2.5 weeks out. Granted I lost a bunch of the weight on the pre-op diet, but still!

There is a group forming that meets in Tumwater, otherwise it seems like the rest are up north with I think the closest being in Puyallup. I haven't been yet, but they meet at a local church on the third Tuesday of each month. Yvonne and Valerie are the group leaders, and I guess its just the two of them, but I will be attending too. I believe Valerie's handle on here is 'valdera' so she could share with you the details.

Did you just move to Olympia? It says you are from out of state right under your picture....

Alissa
Most Active