Recent Posts

BandtoSleeve
on 2/3/11 2:41 am - Redmond, WA
Topic: RE: Questions????
I gained about 10 pounds in the hospital from fluid. I quickly lost it after having the IV removed.

I also have Fibro. I rarely take NSAID's as they hurt my stomach too much. I get nausea and general discomfort from it. I had a Lap Band prior to this and I'm not sure how much damage was done as a result of it, so that maybe part of my problem as it caused damage to my esophagus.

I feel that the Sleeve is a good choice for us smaller folks. And IF you don't lose you can always revise to a DS at a later time.

Just keep a positive attitude and be good to yourself no matter what type of surgery you get! That's the best advice I can give you.

Take care!
Lap Band Aug. 2005, Revision to VSG and Band Removed Aug. 2010

Katie M.
on 2/2/11 12:36 pm - WA
Topic: RE: WLS support group in Marysville!
Nice! I am the leader of the Edmonds Sleeve Group! Cool to meet ya ;)
jennay
on 2/2/11 11:19 am
Topic: WLS support group in Marysville!
Our next meeting is TOMORROW! February 3rd @ 6pm

Monthly Support Group for patients interested in a positive, safe environment to discuss issues, ask questions, share stories, and celebrate victories with weight loss surgery (all types welcome).  Whether you are a current patient, are scheduled for surgery, or are just gathering information about weight-loss surgery then this is the place for you!

Important Details:

First Thursday of each month 6-7 pm
Grandview Village*
5800 64th ST NE (near the Marysville YMCA)
Marysville WA 98270

*when you enter the lobby the staff will direct you to the meeting room

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and I really hope to see some of our friends who haven't been able to make it for a while... we miss you!     Our next meeting will be on February 3rd *6pm-7pm*

Katie M.
on 2/1/11 3:35 am - WA
Topic: RE: Swedish Medically Supervised WL?
Hi there - there are many insrance companies that have the 'pre-op' diet requirement. I work for the program that saved my life... What 'Swedish?' We are right by the one in Edmonds.

I wouldnt stress too much about this - as long as you participate and get all the necessary paperwork for your insurance company you should be okay.... hang in there! How long is your pre-op diet???

Amy R.
on 1/31/11 9:47 pm
Topic: RE: New to the board! (and the state)
Hey Chrissy,  Welcome to Washington!  I live in the Seattle area so kinda far from you, but I have a really good friend/relative by marriage who lives down in your area that I could introduce you to who had the Rny a few years ago that you might like to meet.  Her name is Christine and she is AWESOME.   If you're interested let me know and I'll get you two together, over the net, anyway.

Hang in there and good luck settling in.  You can always PM me if you just want to talk.

best,
Ann Marie B.
on 1/31/11 7:58 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: Swedish Medically Supervised WL?
Anybody doing or had to do the medically supervised weight loss program at Swedish prior to band surgery?  My insurance requires it.  I really like Dr. Lindquist, and I think it's a good program, but boy oh boy am I struggling.  Nervous about what that means for insurance approval and my chances for success with the band.  Appreciate any thoughts or insight!
Katie M.
on 1/30/11 6:58 am - WA
Hislady
on 1/30/11 5:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Sorry it took so long to get back to you! They've changed the website some so you might want to look at it yourself, go to swmedicalcenter and look up the Center for Weight Management that tells about their program. If you call their number at 514-2500 they will be able to tell you when the next support meeting is. They are a really nice group of folks and very informative. Best of luck to you, hope they will take you under their wing.
BandtoSleeve
on 1/29/11 6:26 pm - Redmond, WA
Topic: RE: Feeling very nervous about upcoming surgery
I had the VSG done last August. Prior to that I had the Lap Band, so I've lived on both sides.

It is very normal to be nervous, if you weren't there is something wrong with you. This is a BIG change, much like having a new baby, getting married, etc. The main thing is to make sure you are doing this for you and for no other reason. Secondly, the first couple months are difficult no matter what surgery you have, so expect that. You will have a stomach much like a newborn baby and your brain will continue to want other things. There is another website that is good for us VSG'ers at www.verticalsleevetalk.com that I would highly recommend as there are a lot of folks there and you could probably find a surgery buddy who is going through the same emotions. Also expect to be down or depressed, that too is normal after a life changing event and a rapid decrease in calories.

Feel free to PM me if you need to "talk".

Take care!

BandtoSleeve
on 1/29/11 6:09 pm - Redmond, WA
Hi Chrissy!

I'm also new to WA, I'm in Redmond so I'm not sure how far that is from you. We moved here in October from the DFW area. Needless to say I'm in the exact same boat as you in regard to lack of doctors and familiar faces.

I had the Lap Band done in 2005 and it pretty much destroyed my esophagus. After 5 years of suffering I had it removed and a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy done this past August. I try to behave but have found after being on pretty much a liquid diet with the band to being able to eat again that it's kinda hard.

If you would like to talk send me a PM.

Be good to yourself!

Most Active