Recent Posts

deeinbc1969
on 9/26/14 8:40 am - Prince George, Canada
Topic: RE: 4 year Anniversary of my LapSleeve!!!!

Hi Katie,

I'm considering this surgery and would love your advice.  I'm from British Columbia and the waiting time for surgery for the doctor I would like to go to in Vancouver is 1-1/2 for a consult appt.  How long was it from the time you went to the seminar until your surgery date?

Also, I see that the LapSleeve is an outpatient surgery vs. one with a short hospital stay.  Can you explain how that was?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dee

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/14 6:55 am
Revision on 09/23/14
Topic: RE: FieldMouse seeking Virginia Mason support group

I am have surgery by Dr. Hunter also. I am here to support.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/2/14 7:22 am
Topic: THE MELTAWAYS MEET IN FIFE 09/09/14

We meet the second Tuesday of every month at the Poodle Dog. Although it is a restaurant, you are NOT required to order anything, so don't let that deter you! We meet at 6:30 p.m. We are an open group and everyone is welcome: pre-op, post-op, not matter what surgery or surgical practice.

Don't be shy. Come on out and bring a friend.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sara T.
on 8/31/14 4:31 pm
with
Topic: RE: Spokane area??

I'm in Spokane. Having surgery elsewhere Oct 7th.

Debguy
on 8/21/14 11:37 am

Hi! I totally get it. It's been almost 3 months since I had GB and I'm finally starting to feel human again. This surgery is definitely not for everyone. I don't think I was prepared enough. On the good side, I've lost 53# since last summer. 37# since surgery. The weight is not coming off fast, but it is coming off. I haven't felt good enough to exercise, but am finally at that point where I feel I have the energy to work out. Good luck to you. I hope you make the right decision for you!

kayakqueen1
on 8/21/14 5:55 am

Hi, I'm from Spokane.  I just went to my first informational meeting last night on WLS.  I'm still trying to figure out if this is right for me or not.  My husband is putting a lot of pressure on me to do it.  And I'm still on the fence (tho the fence is probably breaking down by my weight!).

mobailey68
on 8/20/14 1:03 am
RNY on 02/24/14
Topic: RE: Who is your Dr? How was your Surgery outcome to date?

Hello. I had surgery at Overlake Hospital with Dr. Landers through Group Health. I will be 6 months out on 8/24. So far I have not had any complications besides getting a pill stuck for a bit and trusting chicken breast (don't do it). I was treated like a princess by the staff and nurses at the hospital. I started at 330+lbs with a BMI of 60+, super morbidly obese. I am now just considered just obese at 197lbs. I have lost 135lbs including my pre-op weight loss. Ideally I would like to get down to a healthy BMI which would be at 132. 65 pounds to go.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey. I has been a life saver for me. I have enjoyed every minute so far. It isn't east but it is so worth it!

Mo

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/4/14 9:31 am
Topic: The Meltaways Meet in Fife 08/05/2014

We are meeting a week early this month. Same time--6:30 pm--and same place, the Poodle Dog in Fife. Everyone is welcome.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/4/14 9:29 am
Topic: RE: Who is your Dr? How was your Surgery outcome to date?

I will be three years out next month. I had surgery at Swedish with Dr. McMahon. My outcome has been fantastic.

There is a local open support group that meets in Fife the second Tuesday of every month at the Poodle Dog. There are a number of Dr. Houseworth's patients who attend if you are interested in talking to some of them.

Good Luck

Amber9a
on 7/30/14 1:12 pm
Topic: Who is your Dr? How was your Surgery outcome to date?

Hello everyone,

I am wondering who all your Dr's are and where you all had  your surgery at? Last but not least outcomes to date on your surgery.
I am just now starting the process now, Doctor I chose is Dr. Houseworth, hospital Franciscan Health Center. My BMI Is 40.1 I am the heaviest I have ever been so far looking forward to surgery can't wait for my date.  

Amber Bytheway

Most Active