Recent Posts

kelly_hope
on 2/7/11 3:37 pm - Marysville, WA
Topic: RE: WLS support group in Marysville!
Will there be a meeting in March? I just missed seeing this! I'm just up the street on 64th so this would be a wonderful location for me. Send me a message and let me know, please.

Thank you!
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

TaliTali
on 2/7/11 10:56 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: RE: Seattle Area DS Support Group Meeting- with Dr. Rabkin
I'll be there. It'll be interesting to meet Dr. Rabkin. When I lived in CA I attended the group sponsored by him but never met him in the year or so I attended.
kelly_hope
on 2/6/11 7:34 am - Marysville, WA
Topic: RE: Puget Sound Surgical Center
(Hi Katie!)

I'm a patient at PSSC. I'm still in the process and am hoping for surgery in April. The staff is so very supportive and seem like they will do anything to help you along your journey.
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

gail *
on 2/6/11 5:00 am - Seattle, WA
Topic: Seattle Area DS Support Group Meeting- with Dr. Rabkin
Hi Everyone,

Dr.  Rabkin will be giving a presentation on Saturday, Feb. 12th

Date: Feb. 12th
Time: 3:00pm - 6:00pm

Hope to see you there!

Gail
Katie M.
on 2/5/11 1:39 pm - WA
Topic: RE: oh Conferences for 2011
Puget Sound Surgical Center will be exhibitor's at the Bellevue, WA location! I can't wait to meet some great people in person!!!

Katie Murphy

www.pugetsoundsurgicalcenter.com
Amy R.
on 2/5/11 12:47 pm
Topic: RE: oh Conferences for 2011
Bellevue!!!! Cool!!!! Looking forward to making to one of these FINALLY! Please DO keep us posted. and Thanks for the info.
Katie M.
on 2/4/11 12:07 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Pre-op
Not easy at all! You are getting a tool in place to help you have control over your intake.... it is hard work! Dont let them get you down! Hang in there and take care of #1!!!!!

Remember - Ignorance is bliss...

Katie
Maryellen R.
on 2/4/11 10:03 am - Sayville, NY
Topic: oh Conferences for 2011

Bellevue, WA
July 15-16, 2011

New Orleans, LA
Sept 9-10, 2011

Long Island, NY
Oct 21-22, 2011

Stay tuned for more info........
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/4/11 12:29 am - WA
Topic: RE: Pre-op
Randy, I am 9 years out (RNY) don't let the not so possitive people bother you. You are not taking the easy way out, it is work and you will have to stay on your Dr's program to make it workl! There are always people who don't support you. If there is a support group near you go! It will help to talk to others that have gone through what you are. I would do it all over again think how healthy you will be. Hang in there! Good Luck!!!

Merrilou
canonico
on 2/3/11 11:44 pm - WA
Topic: Pre-op
 I am going for my Pre-op today at Madigan. Then surgery on Monday. I am nervous and excited. I have so far had possitive feedback from my family and friends who I have told. With me not telling sertain family members because I new there reaction wouldnt be so possitive.  My mom told them and of course just what I thought. " that surgery is to extreme. Why don't you jus****ch what you eat and exercise"  I hate hearing people say that. "you quit and this is the easy way out". Of course this is comming from people who have never had a weight problem in there life. And if they wanted to loose some weight all they had to do was eat a salad for dinner and 10 pound would come off. 
Sorry, I am venting. Also trying to convence myself that this is not the "easy way out" Why is it that people just cant be happy and possitive when something good happens to someone other than them. 

Most Active