Recent Posts

Susan O.
on 2/17/11 5:00 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: I just got Approved for Plastic Surgery!!
Guess by now you are just waiting for the swelling to go down! Good for you Helen!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

countrygolden
on 2/17/11 3:54 am - Amboy, WA
Topic: Anyone from Vancouver WA area going to OH Event?
Just wondering if any neighborhoods in SW Washington was planning on attending this event.

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
Maryellen R.
on 2/17/11 12:22 am - Sayville, NY
Topic: What is your favorite quote?
 Mine is written by a fellow WLS peep............

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Kelly W.
on 2/15/11 11:41 am - WA
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgery at Madigan/UW
 Hope someone answers, would love to know more.  I am wanting plastics also.  Hope you find what you are looking for....
Susan O.
on 2/14/11 2:42 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: OH Event Bellevue WA
Please sign up on our group page for more info and updates.

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt

The OH Event is great! You'll have a wonderful time.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

debbieway1965
on 2/14/11 9:16 am - Granite Falls, WA
Topic: RE: Flailing and asking for support
Congratulations on both your recent weight loss and your "birthday". Nine years is HUGE! My significant other will have 3 years on February 18th, and I am so proud of him. We have nearly 9 years together, and the past 3 have been the best. 

My neighbor and friend got her Lap-Band in June 2010 and another close friend August 2009. We all have our struggles, but look to each other for support when we need it.  

It sounds like your on the right track, and I hope that you have the support you need for continued success.  Just go for it - you can do it. 

Good luck!  

It would be great if you could make it to one of our meetings sometime in Marysville.

Take care!
Debbie Calloway

Susan O.
on 2/14/11 6:04 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Cathy R.
on 2/13/11 6:55 am, edited 2/13/11 7:15 am - yelm, WA
Topic: Plastic Surgery at Madigan/UW
I'm now my one year out and will have my final surgical appointment on Tuesday.  Has anyone recently pursued plastic surgery at Madigan and if so what was your experience.  I know they started charing last summer.  Did that make you reconsider?  Tell me your experience.  Also has anyone tried or used the UW Plastic Surgery residence program.  Was the cost more affordable yet satisfactory.  Trying to weigh my options.  Looking for breast, arms, thighs, tummy and eventually a face lifts.  What is the most affordable yet good option available?

Cathy R    
ZiggyZiggler
on 2/13/11 6:53 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: Been awhile
Hi!! r u still here? We had the same doc. I love the staff there!! I have some great food ideas. Nutritionally dense and yummy. Fage Greek Yogurt (Costco is 1/2 the price of Trader Joe or Safeway).  120 calories a cup and 22 grams of protein. That's a great base for many things. Let me know if you're still active on here. I'm making an effort to get plugged in.
ZiggyZiggler
on 2/13/11 6:40 am - Everett, WA
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
The Bariatric department of University of Washington accepts both. Medicare is a little quicker, as Medicaid does require the six month pre-op gig. Took me about six months anyway, cuz I had to quit smoking. They WILL NOT do surgery on a smoker. I am so glad too because I never thought I could quit cigs, but that motivated me. Chantix works!!
Most Active