Recent Posts

gymmom33
on 3/23/11 6:02 am - Edgewood, WA
Topic: RE: Guess I need to sign in on Wa. site...
 Hey Paula~ We already met, but glad you found the board also!!! I didnt think of checking for just WA people! Now we know!
Diane

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
paulasb
on 3/23/11 3:33 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: Guess I need to sign in on Wa. site...
Hi to all the other brave girls out there in Washington taking this journey. I've been on the VSG forum for awhile and didn't realize there was a state site.
Had VSG surgery by Dr Srikanth at St Francis hospital on 1/19/11 and am down 35lbs since the pre-surgery 10 day liquid diet to today 9 weeks out. I'm 58 and only wish I could have had this surgery 25 years ago, but better late than never.
Hi to all...
Paula

Tricia W.
on 3/23/11 2:04 am - Yakima, WA
Topic: RE: New and need help!!
Dr. Oh does accept Tricare but Tricare only covers RNY or Lapband unless you go to Madigan for the surgery.  Madigan has a list of requirements as well and unless your PCP is on base, they will reject your request to have surgery there using the "right of first refusal".   I tried to have my surgery done at Madigan so I could get the sleeve, but they don't accept any patients that don't have their doctor on base.  I couldn't switch my PCP either because I live outside a 50 mile radius.   Lots of hoops to go through, but once I accepted that I had to see a civilian doctor, getting approved through Tricare was a breeze. 

Peace & Love, Tricia 

gymmom33
on 3/22/11 1:02 pm - Edgewood, WA
Topic: RE: new to WA boards!
 Hey Ronda...sent you a friend request.
Diane

Diane
gymmom33
on 3/22/11 1:01 pm - Edgewood, WA
 Hey there! I tried to request you as a friend but your profile is set to private. Request me if you want!
Diane

Diane
LittleMissSunshine
on 3/22/11 10:59 am
Hey there,

I'm in WA too... Duvall.  I've got my initial consult with Dr. Chebli (also at Evergreen) on Thursday, so excited!  I'm usually on the VSG boards too as I'm trying to learn as much as I can leading up to the big day.

Anyway... just wanted to say hello :-).

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

rmv101575
on 3/22/11 10:53 am - WA
Hi Diane. I see you had Dr. Srikanth...I am halfway through my 6 month diet with him! He is so great. I would love to hear your experiences with him, since you have had the surgery, and obviously have had a great loss! Congrats 

I am currently living in Bothell, and would love to be able to chat with some locals. Are you on Facebook? My user name is rmk101575 and my email is [email protected].
~Ronda

gymmom33
on 3/22/11 10:38 am - Edgewood, WA
Topic: new to WA boards!
 Hey there~ My name is Diane and I normally lurk on the VSG forum but thought I would switch over to the WA boards and maybe meet some local people!  I had my surgery in November and everything is going great! Will be posting some pics soon. Would love to meet new friends!

Diane
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 12:28 am - WA
Topic: RE: Looking for friends...
I just wanted to give a guick hello as I am in Lacey too.  It would be really nice to connect with some other locals even if it is just on the boards.

Hope you are all having a great day!
LittleMissSunshine
on 3/19/11 7:17 am
Topic: RE: Looking for friends...
Hey there,

I'm in Duvall and am hoping to get the VSG... going to a WLS seminar at Swedish on Wednesday to start the process. 

Do you ever get out Duvall at all?  I work in Seattle on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but either work from home or float around the Eastside Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I've also been known to squat in empty offices in Redmond if I need to be on campus for a meeting (yes, Microsoft).

I'm always happy to meet new people... feel free to get in touch if you'd like to meet up or coffee sometime :-).

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Most Active