Recent Posts

paulasb
on 4/2/11 8:02 am - Sammamish, WA
Topic: RE: Guess I need to sign in on Wa. site...
Hi there,
Well I don't know anyone either, but theOH event gives me a good chance to meet some of you wonderful gals. Would also like to support OH as I don't want to see them stop coming to Seattle. What do we have to loose, if nothing else it gives us a venue to celebrate our successes and comiserate our challenges.
I'm going, hope to see you there!
Paula

zoeyfae
on 4/2/11 12:19 am - Marysville, WA
thisbe777
on 4/1/11 4:19 pm
Topic: RE: First Choice Health Operating Engineers Local 302
my hubby has first choice thru IBEW local 46...   i went self-pay because wls was excluded....  of course, i found out since then that they started covering it in 2008....  but i didn't feel too bad because most likely they only approve RNY or the crap band.....

they did, however, cover my tummy tuck...   i guess all you can do is ask and appeal if necessary....

good luck!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

countrygolden
on 4/1/11 2:52 pm - Amboy, WA
Hi to you as well! I had the surgery 2/2 and I'm down 25 lbs. I love my sleeve!! I've been thinking about the OH event...but I'm still now sure. I'm like gymmom...not sure I want to go alone.

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
Graceful1969
on 4/1/11 12:24 pm
Topic: First Choice Health Operating Engineers Local 302
I'm just getting started with gathering all my info needed for the insurance approval.  Has anyone out there had to deal with First Choice Health used for the Local 302?  Just wondering if anyone had any advice for me.  Thanks for your help!

gymmom33
on 3/30/11 6:30 am - Edgewood, WA
 Thanks Kim..I have heard about the conference. Just not sure it would be something I would go to by myself. I dont really know anyone else going.  I'll think about it tho.

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 3/30/11 5:56 am
DS on 09/27/23
    Hello friends!  Dr. Srikanth and other area professionals will be joining us at the OH Bellevue Event on July 15th and 16th and he will be on the Q & A panel that Friday, so if you haven't already, check out the event at  http://www.obesityhelp.com/events/2011-seattle-event.html   for more information!  We're very happy to be coming back to Seattle area and are looking forward to making new friends!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Susan O.
on 3/28/11 7:08 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Happy Anniversary - Thru Thick N' Thin!

Help  Us Celebrate!!

You are invited to THINAPALOOZA!!
   Monday, March 28th, 2011  5:30-7:30 p.m.
   Thru Thick N' Thin Weight Loss Surgery Support Group is celebrating it's 3rd Anniversary with a "Thinapalooza" party! We'll have free samples, games, success stories, prize drawings and FUN! Please bring a "before" picture for our Gallery. (you will get it back)  Plan now to attend and celebrate with YOUR support group friends!
    We'll be at our regular location  - Pierce County Fire Station #61, 100 114th Street S., Parkland, WA 98444. 
(Location is one block off Pacific Ave/SR7 in Parkland) Come in the back door! 
 For more information and directions, please follow link below.
Please click "event" and RSVP so I know how many to expect.
If you've never attended TTNT, or been away for awhile, now's the time to come! See you there!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Susan O.
on 3/26/11 5:23 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: Thinapalooza!!
Hi!
   Thru Thick N' Thin is open to all surgery types! We also have several non-surgical weight loss members that could not find support elsewhere. We have folks that travel from Renton, FW, Olympia, etc., for the group. It's only once a month, so not too hard on the gas budget!
This meeting will definitely be different from "usual", but will be a great time for you to come and get acquainted! 
   If you haven't, click on the link by my signature and sign up as part of the group, then you'll get reminders, etc.
   Hope to see you on Monday!
Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

onefunolygirl
on 3/24/11 3:29 pm - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: Looking for friends...
RNY = Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
DS = Duodenal Switch
VSG = Vertical Sleeve
All the above are different types of WLS(weight loss surgeries) that are in addition to the lap band.

Our support group is for members with any type of weight loss surgery so banders are welcome as well.

Just curious if you have had your surgery yet?  How is everything going for you?

Take Care.

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

Most Active