Recent Posts

carriemeaway
on 4/25/11 9:47 am - Spanaway, WA
Topic: RE: Had my surgery on the 21st of March at Madigan
Congrats on being so pleased with your surgery. I have mine on Wednesday. How many days did you spend in the hospital at Madigan? How was recovery? Some kind of odd questions, was there any sort of internet access while in the post-op recovery? I am hoping to still be able to do research and keep busy and hoping my laptop will be able to be used. Were you in a shared room with someone else? 

Thanks for any questions you can answer.
Carrie
carriemeaway
on 4/25/11 9:45 am - Spanaway, WA
Topic: RE: Plastics at Madigan
I would love any information on this also. I have my surgery Wednesday and I am sure I will be looking into some lifts/skin removal at some point also. Good luck in getting this done. :) 

Carrie
carriemeaway
on 4/25/11 9:42 am - Spanaway, WA
Topic: RE: Don't Forget TTNT!
What is the Thru Thick N' Thin support group? I live in Spanaway and have my duodenal switch surgery on Wednesday. I would love to find a group to meet with once I am through recovery and able to get around more.

Thanks,
Carrie
Susan O.
on 4/22/11 10:23 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Don't Forget TTNT!
Thru Thick N' Thin support group meets the 4th Monday of every month, (April 25th) from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Come in the back door. Hope to see you there!

Pierce County Fire Station #61
100 114th Street S (A. St. - 1 blk E. of Pacific Ave.)
Parkland, WA 98444

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

jcatt1968
on 4/21/11 4:31 pm - federal way, WA
Topic: RE: post-op maybe looking for diff doc
Thanks Amy and Merrilou for your replies

I really don't want to have to go see a different doctor, I have been seeing Dr S for about 8 yrs now and I really really do like him, I'm guess I'm just frustrated. I have an appt wih Tina next week I think and will try and be more direct with her I guess. When I tried to set up an appt with Dr. S I was told "he does not see post-op pt's unless you are having complications, but we can set you up with an appt w/Tina and he will be in the office,but your appt wil still be with her, that is the best we can do." I know his wife, I have caused some waves in that office already, I think (I hope I am wrong) that could be one of the reasons - or maybe they mean "old' post-op patients? I don't know, but I consider chronic nausea and vomiting a complication, I guess they don't. My protein levels are low and I am working diligently on bringing that up and she always responds to me when I call with one complaint or another, but I know my body and I know that everytime I put something into my stomach and I get bloating and cramping and nausea and sometimes vomiting, that something else is going on. I'm really trying not to be a pushy patient but I guess I might have to get that way.  Just really really tired of living sick all the time

thanks again

Joy
Joy
starting wt: 350
current wt: 145
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/19/11 7:13 am - WA
You might try Dr. Hanafy. He is in Auburn 206-353-8146 Good luck!
gymmom33
on 4/16/11 11:55 pm - Edgewood, WA
Topic: RE: I'm New
What surgery are you hoping to have? I would ask the question on that specific surgeries forum. Go to forums at the top of the page and scroll down to your specific surgery and ask the same question. Im sure you will get tons of responses. Not too many people on the WA forum. But Ive been reading the VSG posts for about 5 months now and there are lots of people going to Mexico for their surgeries.
Good luck to you!

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 4/16/11 2:47 pm, edited 4/19/11 8:46 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: CONFUSION ABOUT EVENT SCHEDULE?
  Visit http://www.obesityhelp.com/events/2011-seattle-event.html and be sure to let your friends know about the Bellevue OH event on July 15th and 16th! Now you can email it to them or print out the schedule!  We have many great speakers and more Q & A time on Friday and on Saturday!  Join us for very informational breakout sessions and we may even go bowling and shoot some pool on Friday night!  Let's talk!

Please read the event schedule carefully!  Both Friday, July 15th and Saturday, July 16th are for the general public to attend as well as the professionals...there are separate listings for them on Friday since they're very different events!  Professional classes for them, and a Q & A Panel for the general public!  You'll be sad if you miss a 3 hour Q & A panel!

See you there!
Kim

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Amy R.
on 4/16/11 12:08 pm
Weird. I am a Dr. S. patient and I have seen him post-op. Did you try talking to Lakshmi(his office manager who just happens to be his wife)? I would call and talk to her.

Also, I assume you're talking about Tina, the NP there? Have you tried going in and seeing her, telling her what's bothering you and then letting her know you really want to see Dr. S. himself?

Sometimes those who answer the phone don't have the authority to grant an exception to the guidelines and you have to work around that. Knowing Dr. Srikanth, I would be shocked if he absolutely refused to see you if you felt strongly that you needed to be seen by him personally.

I just noticed that your surgery was in 2003. I guess you're prob more familiar with the staff and procedures than I am, so I'm sure you know what you're talking about. If you haven't tried talking to either Lakshmi or Tina (and being VERY direct and somewhat forceful) though, you might want to give that a shot.

Barring that, have you called around to any of the other WLS centers in the area? I know there are a couple in Seattle and it seems like there is something out on the peninsula but I can't remember the names. I know the UW does WLS but don't have a number. You could prob google WLS and WA state and come up with a list.

Good luck to you. Hope you find what you need. =)
HeartluvR
on 4/16/11 4:07 am - Tacoma, WA
Topic: I'm New
New to this site and looking for any information on Mexico surgery and possible creative financing. Anyone care to share?
Most Active