Recent Posts

Susan O.
on 5/16/11 6:20 am, edited 5/31/11 4:19 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Registered yet??
Don't forget to register for the OH event "Fabulous in Seattle" being held July 15 & 16 at the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue, WA.  Go to the OH home page, click on Community, then on Events.   Lots of fun, friends and information will be awaiting you!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Amy R.
on 5/14/11 8:47 pm, edited 5/14/11 8:52 pm
Topic: RE: Need help finding a doctor
I don't know if my surgeon, Dr. Srikanth, takes other docs patients but he might, especially in a situation like yours. All I can attest to for a fact is that he is EXCELLENT and so is his other practitioner, Tina (I think she is an NP). I am not an "easy" patient on many levels due to significant health problems and they have been just AWESOME, even calling me at home to either answer questions or just randomly check in on me. (And,I'm talking about Dr. Srikanth himself calling me at home, several times, not just his office staff.)

Don't know anything about insurance, but it would sure be worth giving them at call at 253-815-7774. As you can prob tell, I love these guys and feel so fortunate to have ended up with them!

Good luck with your issues, regardless of you who go with.

ETA: They are also a Bariatric Center for Excellence, or whatever it's called (I understand that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but to me it's nice to know they jumped through all the extra hoops to get that designation). Their website is www.centerforweightlosssurgery. com

MissKasey
on 5/13/11 11:23 pm - Bothell, WA
Topic: RE: 2 Years of waiting...
I fully understand! I was denied and had to wait an additional three years before I found a job where the insurance covered it. I was very lucky.

The one thing I had to do before the insurance drama was to take a step back and remember why I was doing this in the first place...and those reasons had nothing to do with insurance.

I wish only the best for you on your journey!

~ Kasey
Susan O.
on 5/13/11 5:48 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: Don't Forget TTNT!
Hi Carrie!
   Hope your surgery went well and you are sitting on the loser's bench! The "Thru Thick N' Thin" support group is here to support anyone dealing with obesity related issues. Most of the group has had some type of WLS, and we talk about our challenges
and joys. Please follow the link by my signature on the bottom of the page for more info.
  We'd hope you'll join us on May 23rd.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Katie M.
on 5/13/11 3:05 am - WA
Topic: RE: Need help finding a doctor
Hi Dawn - I am a patient and also work for Puget Sound Surgical Center. We have even done revisions on Dr. Weber's previous patients, as well as many others...

Unfortuantely at this time we are not contracted with TriCare - not sure if they provide any 'out of network' benefits on their plans - so you may want to check that!

I highly suggest seeing Dr. Rob Landerholm or Dr. Peter Billing

Take a look - www.pugetsoundsurgicalcenter.com or just call 425.778.2220 and ask for Karen Dodge, our patient facilitator who has a revision herself!

Hang in there - I know it is hard enough making this decision the 1st time - let alone again...

Katie
[email protected]
Dawn S.
on 5/12/11 7:48 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Topic: Need help finding a doctor
I am looking for a new bariatric surgeon who is taking on patients who have already had weight loss surgery with another provider.  My Doctor closed his practice several months after my surgery and have never seen any other weight loss doc.  I am now having some problems that no one can figure out and have been advised I need to see a bariatric surgeon.  My insurance "Tricare" gave me the name of one doctor but he does not accept other doctors patients and so now it is up to me to find another provider to change to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 11:50 am
Topic: RE: Plastics at Madigan
I have had 2 friends who got this done and they regretted it and had to go get it re done and self pay and a diff plastic surgeon.
lisainrichfield
on 5/10/11 8:15 am - Richfield, MN
Topic: FOCUS GROUP THIS SAT IN SEATTLE
Hello!  I am still looking to fill a couple of spots for a focus group I will be conducting in Seattle this Sat re: the behavioral and psychosocial needs of the bariatric patient.  This is research I am doing for my dissertation in clinical psychology at Argosy University/Twin Cities. 

If you are over age 18, have had RNY surgery, and are available this Sat, May 14 from either 9-12 or 1-4, please see the posting below and call me at 612-578-4148 if you are interested.  

A research opportunity for individuals who have had Roux-en-Y bariatric surgery for weight loss.

Volunteers are needed for a study investigating
the behavioral, emotional, and social support needs of the bariatric patient.  The purpose of the study is to identify, from the patient’s perspective, how psychologists could better support the patient in achieving successful weight loss, weight maintenance, and improved quality of life after bariatric surgery. 

You may be eligible to participate if you are at least age 18 and have Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. 

Participation in the study involves participating in one 2- to 3-hour group interview with 2 investigators and 5 other individuals who have had or are considering the surgery.  The interview will take place THIS SATURDAY at Argosy University in Seattle.  The interview will be audiotaped.      

I am looking to recruit 2 more individuals as participants and 6 individuals who would be willing to be placed on a “backup list" in case one of the currently scheduled participants withdraws from the study prior to the interview. 
Backup participants could be called the day before the interview to be asked to attend. 

Those who do participate in the interview will receive $10 upon arrival to the focus group interview, $5 for parking, AND will be eligible for a 1 in 6 chance to win a $50 Visa gift card.  Those who agree to be placed on the “backup list" and who do not ultimately participate in the interview will be eligible for a 1 in 6 chance to win a $25 Visa gift card (to be mailed to the winner).  Aside from the $10 and the drawing, there are no other benefits to you for participating in this study.

This study is being conducted at Argosy University in Seattle, WA  by Lisa Cavanagh, M.A. in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a doctoral degree (Psy.D.) in clinical psychology and in conjunction with the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University/Twin Cities, 1515 Central Parkway, Eagan, MN 55121.   

If you are interested or have questions, please contact Lisa Cavanagh, M.A. at (612) 578-4148 or [email protected]

This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University.  The study’s title is “The Behavioral, Psychological, and Social Needs of the Bariatric Patient:  How Can Psychology Best Provide Assessment, Treatment, and Support?  (ID # 2011-04).

THANKS FOR READING!  

Good luck and GOOD HEALTH!!  Lisa in Richfield, MN
Surgery Date: 10/09/06           
245/241/181/
angela T.
on 5/9/11 6:14 am - WA
Topic: RE: Starting Pathways

I got the call to start my pathway at maddigan my first appointment is 5/31/11!! Cant believe its actually happening!!!

Initial Referal Appointment: 3/23/11
Group Information meeting: 4/7/11
Called to begin pathway : 5/9/11
First Doctors Appointment: 6/1/11
Wellness Appointment: 6/17/11
Occupational Therapy: 6/22/11
PAP: 6/29/11
Nutrition: 7/8/11
Nutrition2: 7/12/11
The secret of success is having the courage to begin in the first place!!

Billie Jo C.
on 5/4/11 11:43 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: 2 Years of waiting...
So after 2 years of trying to get my surgery approved, it finally happened....
I have a date set for July 19Th.

I thought I would be jumping for joy. I should be jumping for joy! But I truly feel guilty that I'm not as happy as I thought I would be....

I'm thinking its due to the fact that, I have been through so much over the last 2 years, Its seems like this whole process has sucked the wind out of my sails, and left me more thankful that its all over more then happy that its truly happening.

I am however happy that I did not give up. I went thought the courts, broke the piggy bank and got 86'ed from Kinko's for cursing out the copy machine. I just feel like this approval and surgery date can be taken away at any point and there won't be anything I can do about it (insurance drama).

I'm just hoping that when the date gets closer I'll be more excited....

So that was a short update on me. I hope everyone is well and praying for more sunshine in Spokane. WE sooooo need more sunshine....Peace

-Billie Jo 
Most Active