Recent Posts

gymmom33
on 6/13/11 11:35 pm - Edgewood, WA
Topic: RE: New here and need an Angel please.
 Hi Kellee~
My name is Diane and live in the Edgewood/Milton area. I had the VSG surgery last November and am doing great. What surgery are you planning to have? If you said, I didnt catch it. Hope all is going well with your appts and August will be here before you know it and you'll be on your way to your goal!!! Im still a work in progress but keep plugging away at my goal day by day. I had quite a bit to lose so it will take me awhile. Keep in touch and keep us posted on your progress!! Friend me if you want and let me know if you have any questions!!

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
Susan O.
on 6/13/11 12:06 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: Models Needed!!
Thanks! Ask your friends to join you!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Hislady
on 6/13/11 11:32 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: 3 years post op and need a little help
There are several support groups that meet in the Seattle area, hopefully someone will pop in with info. I know of one gal on the band forum and I'll send her over here.
KelleeMatlock
on 6/13/11 11:08 am - Tacoma, WA
I am on Medicare cause I had double hip replacement in 2009.
Medicare covers the surgery but only at the University of Washington in Seattle.
My next appt. is in July and I will see the dietition and soccial worker and get my blood work then and it looks like August for surgery, oh and I have to have a sleep study at Harborview  hospital in Seattle as well.
It has been a very good day for me! I'm sorry that you have to have the 6 month wait but it may work out better for you that way, if you drop the weight on your own it is much better!
Kellee.
zoeyfae
on 6/13/11 9:54 am - Marysville, WA
Topic: RE: Models Needed!!
Sent you an e-mail! I'd love to do this! :)
Gastric Bypass- 12/7/09

Highest Weight on Record: 311
Before Pre-Op Diet: 295
Day of Surgery: 287
Goal: 175 (Surgeon) 165 (Personal)
Current:155
New Goal: To get a Pregnant Belly!
Susan O.
on 6/13/11 7:17 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Models Needed!!
    Looking and feeling good, and want to strut your stuff?? If you are attending the OH event "Fabulous in Seattle" on July 15- 16, and are ready to show off the new you, please consider modeling for the show held at 8 p.m. Sat. night. We need both men and women in all age groups. You will wear your own clothing, from swimwear to jeans to formal to show off your style. Wear what makes you feel FABULOUS!  You'll have lots of fun, and receive rousing cheers and applause!
  Here's what I need from you:
Please email your name, type of surgery and date, (non-WLS losers ok too!), surgeon's name, amount of weight lost (opt.), and a clear "before" picture to [email protected]  I will confirm within a few days that I have you on the list. If you do not receive a confirmation from me in 1 week, please re-send your info. noted "2nd submission". I don't want anyone left out because of a computer glitch! 
   Looking forward to hearing from you!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Heleena33
on 6/13/11 3:40 am - Custer, WA
Hi Again Kellee
How did you decide to go to University Hospital?
How are u getting Medicade to pay for it?
I can get covered my insurance  after jumping through hoops!!
The thing I hate is the 6 months of dr monitoring.
I wish I had the 16000. to get it!  I would pay right away and git-er-done! ha ha
I guess we all so what we have to!!
I am excited to hear more from you on your progress!
Helen
mercedes19762003
on 6/13/11 12:54 am - Seattle, wa
Topic: 3 years post op and need a little help

Hi, I had the gastric sleeve surgery done about 3 years ago.  Loved my surgeon and the results.  Lost 120 lbs in just over a year.  Problem is I plateaued there and have not been able to lose any more since.  Luckily i havent gained but cant lose either.  I have been under a lot of heavy stress so i know that is the main cause(i eat when stressed) and i have no support group or friends who can relate.  Any advise on how i can get back on track?  i need to lose at lease 50 more pounds before i will be ready to consider plastic surgery to get rid of all this loose skin.  I live in N Seattle so if anyone lives around there and wants a workout buddy or just wants to talk, let me know please.

Christina

KelleeMatlock
on 6/12/11 5:22 pm - Tacoma, WA
KelleeMatlock
on 6/12/11 5:20 pm - Tacoma, WA
Heleena,
    I am so very pleased to meet you!
Wow, I was looking into the sleeve but my insurance doesn't cover it so I am going with  the bypass, I think that will be better for me in the long run.
I see the surgeon at the University of washington today at 2:45 and I am so excited! I know I still have a lot to do to get to the surgery part. Have you been to any of the seminars? I am on Medicare so I have to go to the UW,  and that's fine with me, they are experts at this! I have been reading everything that I can and my friend had the bypass as well and I have been grilling her! LOL. Let me know how your call goes, I will check back here in the morning and I will let you know what happens at the UW!
Kellee
Most Active