Recent Posts

Susan O.
on 6/21/11 6:23 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Susan O.
on 6/21/11 6:09 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: RE: Very low cost Protein!
Thanks for the info Merrilou. I was very excited to see a cheaper protein, and when I went to the site to check the Champion, it was on sale for $37.88! Sounds good - until I look at the shipping charge of $15.89 for UPS, or $27.64 for US mail. Yikes! That is just for one 5 pound container. 
Even with high gas prices, that seems exorbidant for shipping. Guess they get you one way or another! 

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Heleena33
on 6/20/11 12:17 pm, edited 6/20/11 12:19 pm - Custer, WA
Topic: RE: Date set !
Congrats on your date too!  Graceful1969!!!
I am hoping to go July 8th if at all possible!
I was wanting Peter Billings too...but I am here
in Bellingham and not sure who would be up here at
the time I would like to be scheduled!!
So, are you already on the liquid diet?
Are you going to Redmond for it or Bellingham?
Isn't this the greatest high in the world!!'
I am beside myself with excitement!  Finally something
to help with the rest of my life!  I will follow it to the end of
my days and be so happy no matter what happens!

I wish you all the best too and figure you probably feel the same way!

And to you too Queen..oops I see your name!  Laura
What facility will you be going to?
Heleena

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

queenlala_bee
on 6/19/11 5:41 pm - Port Orchard, WA
 Congrats how exciting!  Good Luck!

queenlala_bee
on 6/19/11 5:41 pm - Port Orchard, WA
 thank you all for your well wishes.  i will send them back to you as well.

i have another 100 pounds to lose at least in addition to the 50 i have lost already.  i deally i would like to lose about 110- 120 more but i will be happy with the 100 if that is all i get.

thanks again.

Graceful1969
on 6/18/11 3:05 pm
Congrats on your date.  Mine is set for July 5th.  I'm also excited and terrified.  Hopes, prayers and thoughts coming your way.

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/16/11 6:28 am - WA
Topic: Very low cost Protein!
I just found a site where I can buy Nectar Protein for $29.50 for a 2.2 lb container!
bestbuynutrion.com check it out!

I also found Champion Pure Whey for $41.99 all I had to do was give them a web site to compare with and they beat the price! I put a Puyallup site in at $43.99
Supplementwarehouse.com

You still have to pay shipping but I have not been able to find any better prices.

Merrilou
wdp1015
on 6/15/11 2:45 pm
Topic: New South End Support Group

Hi everyone,

I am eager to tell you that with the support of Puget Sound Surgical Center  and Pacific Nutrition and Wellness, I will be starting up a support group in the south sound area and would be thrilled if you came to check out a meeting.  Everyone is welcome at this support group, no matter what type of WLS you have had, or where you have had it.  My focus is simply getting people together for support, inspiration, and on occasion, events.  I already attend a great meeting at the end of every month, but I am finding the importance of being able to attend more than 1 meeting a month.

I will be holding the meeting on the second Monday of every month from 6:00-8:00pm.  I am flexible and willing to adjust the hours to what works best with the rest of the group.  I am planning on finding a meeting place in the Tacoma, Fife, Federal Way or, Auburn area.    I would like to have the first meeting on Monday  July 11th, from 6:00-8:00pm.   I will need to get an idea of who is interested, as this will impact where the meeting will take place. 

I have quite a few topics, fun event ideas, and a name the group contest. I can’t wait to get started. If this is something that interests you, feel free to contact me by email, or through OH. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

Wendy

[email protected]

KelleeMatlock
on 6/14/11 5:08 am - Tacoma, WA
Topic: RE: New here and need an Angel please.
I'm very pleased to meet you Diane,

I will be having bypass,so excited!! I was just looking at your ticker and you are doing great!!
I would like to losse 140 pounds, and I know that I will drop at leat 94 pounds! My doc. Dr. Dellinger and I talked it over and I said "Hey you never know I just may make that 140 goal"?!
And I did friend you!
And yes I will contact you with questions!
My main concern is keeping my vitamins and minerals at a good level,I'm so worried  about my hair falling out, I had needed double hip replacement and my hair and nails wouldn't grow for a long time and now they do, so I would like to keep it that way!
Kellee.
Lisa O.
on 6/14/11 1:50 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Topic: RE: 3 years post op and need a little help
Hi Christina,

Karrie Masssoti has a great support group for all surgery types but it's in the South Sound.  If you're willing to drive it would be well worth your time.  She's awesome and has a really active group.  I'll have her contact you if you're interested, just let me know.

The OH Conference is in Bellevue July 15 & 16.  It would be a great time to jump start your WL efforts.  I'm a band patient but am exactly where you are, lost 115 lbs and have about 25-30 left but am struggling to get er done!  Anyway, I went to the conference 2 years ago and really enjoyed it and learned a lot.  I lead a support group for gastric band patients but you would be welcome to join our group if you come to the conference.  You can buy tickets here on OH.  Go to "Community" up top at the blue banner line, select events, Seattle event, etc. to see the agenda, guest speakers and buy your ticket.  If you use my support group leader code when you check out, you can get a $30 discount plus a tee shirt and tote back.  Just enter O'LearyWA11 and your ticket will be $45 instead of $75.  Saturday is the main event day when most people attend.  I really enjoyed the break-out sessions where I could pick and choose the topics I was interested in. 

Check out the even site and let me know if you want to meet up there.

Also, let me know if you want Karrie to contact you regarding her south sound support group.

We can do this!  Never give up!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active