Recent Posts

Silver55foxman
on 7/19/11 3:15 pm, edited 7/19/11 10:38 pm
Topic: RE: FROM OH! THANK YOU, NORTHWEST!
Kim,

Thank you so very much for the opportunity to assist you and your staff. You run a tight ship; a fun one I might add. Can't wait for the next one here in the Pacific Northwest. I am hoping to make it to New Orleans and Lone Island. I will just have to see if I have the funds. Next time I am hoping to stay over night on Friday, and stay on Saturday night for the fashion show, the singing and dancing. I still owe someone a dance. Ha, ha,

Your friend for life,

Steve Simon
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 12:04 pm - Olympia, WA
Topic: Fort Lewis Support Meetings Q

For those involved... Do you always meet on base or do you ever meet in DuPont?

I work in DuPont, and would love a convienent meeting place... I'm not involved in the military, so I don't have a pass to get on base.

With my work schedule (Starbucks), its forever changing, so it would be nice to have multiple options, especially close to work!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 11:59 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: RE: FROM OH! THANK YOU, NORTHWEST!
It was a great event! Thank you for putting it together....

As I'm 6+ months post-op, I found it so energizing and revitalizing!!! Totally what I needed and learned lots of great info too.

Thanks again!

Alissa
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 7/19/11 10:00 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: FROM OH! THANK YOU, NORTHWEST!
   Thanks to the Northwest for having ObesityHelp visit again! We enjoyed seeing our friends we made last time, and making new friends this time!  To the volunteers on Friday night, you enabled us to get some winks because you so generously gave of your time; THANK YOU. Sorry we did not get your names...would like to personally thank you! 

I have to point out two Very Special people who we could not have done this event without:  Kathy Mitchell and Steve Simon!  They each pitched in, helping with microphone running, t shirt sales and anything else that was necessary to help make the event run more smoothly.

Looking forward to New Orleans next; we've sold out half of our OH room block already, so don't wait too long!

Bye!
Kim

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Doey
on 7/17/11 2:24 pm - Puyallup, WA
Topic: RE: DONT GO TO UW!!!
Congratulations and good luck on your surgery. I am sure you will be fine, I have had many surgeries there over the years and never had an experience like this one.
Doey

Billie Jo C.
on 7/17/11 4:46 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: DONT GO TO UW!!!
OMG! Talk about last minute horror stories.  I'm scheduled for surgery on the 19th of July in only 2 days. I thought I would come post my excitement but, OH no, I'm sorry that has happen to you.
Doey
on 7/16/11 1:39 pm - Puyallup, WA
Topic: RE: New to the site
I live in Puyallup. Thank You I will try that also and thank you for the answer to my question.
Doey

Heleena33
on 7/16/11 11:58 am - Custer, WA
Topic: RE: New to the site

Hi
Helen here!
I just had vsg July 11th.
The straw causes air in the stomach which takes up valuable space when you consider your tummy will be about the size of your middle finger!!

Where is it you live in WA?
I am in Custer, up by the Blaine border!

I am doing great and find it was not as hard as quite a few other
surgeries I have had in the past!

you can also go to the forums for the type surgery you are having to find more people to enjoy and befriend!!

Have a great evening!
Helen

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

Doey
on 7/15/11 12:18 pm - Puyallup, WA
Topic: New to the site
I am fairly new to the site, but have been going to support groups for about 4 months now. I just got my surgery date Aug. 26th 2011. I have some questions that I have had people tell me that I can not do anymore.
I was told I can never drink from a straw again; why is this?
I would like to find some other people from my area that are going through this or have gone through it to meet and spend time with. As all my family lives in CA.
Doey

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 12:55 am - TX
Topic: RE: LisaAnn?
Thanks Heather, I am trying to stay at Ft. Lewis because we are active duty army and I will need to be there for 2 to 3 weeks.  I am trying to figure out the logistics of traveling that far for surgery and then staying in the area for that long.   Not sure if we will drive up there or fly but we need a car since we will be there so long.  My husband was stationed at Ft. Lewis about 10 years ago and his 3 sons still live in the area so he wants to spend some time with them.  I called a couple of rental car places at the airport and they quoted me over $1400!  YIKES.   Someone suggested I try "off airport" for a rental car......and I know I could google it, but not knowing the area.....I feel sorta lost.   I am also trying to figure out how we would get from the airport to Ft. Lewis lodge?  Or to an offsite rental car area.........my husband even suggested us both driving up there and me flying home but I am not sure how I can do that cuz a one way flight that isn't booked until I am already in WA and "know" when I am released to go home would be astronomical I think!

I was trying to contact LisaAnn because she has had a few surgeries with Dr. Martin and I thought she may be able to help me!  :)

thanks for your help and support too.  I only have Dr. Martin's # and email....I haven't ever talked to the clinic yet or any of the nurses......I guess that is an idea.....should I call Lakeisha?  I do have her # but that is it!?   thanks!
Most Active