Recent Posts

vitalady
on 8/22/11 2:02 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
Neither did I. I mean, I was very clear with him that since he's 2 years younger than me, he could NOT retire until Don and I die. I see it was one of those times when he wasn't listening!

That's what happens when I got out of town isn't it?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

vitalady
on 8/22/11 1:59 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: MILK?
Milk is a 4 letter word for candy.

The lower the fat, the higher the sugar. Fat will not make you fat again, but sugar absolutely will.

Although we do not drink any form of milk as a beverage, I use cream in cooking, where I once used milk.

Lactose is the sugar in milk and we lose the digestive enzyme mate for it, or I should say, many do.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

vitalady
on 8/22/11 1:56 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: Why did it have to be water?
how does water taste?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

kayjay50
on 8/21/11 10:56 am - Castle Rock, WA
Topic: RE: Paul Dally Bypass or Sleeve????
Thanks everyone I think I have made up my mind to go with the Divided Roux-en -Y ("roo-en-y") Gastric Bypass. Since my band I have not been able to take any ibuprofen.  My cardiologist also recommends that I don't take it anyway since it can be hard on your heart.  So that is not really something that I am worried about.  I just want this to be more successful than the lapband was. I was happy with my lapband when it worked the sad part is it was very short lived. The bypass seems to be more successful and I have spoke to many very happy people. I realize the sleeve is becomming more and more popular. But for me it just hasn't been done for long enough. So I am gonna go with the golden rule of choice as Dr. Deveney put it.  I want to thank everyone that has helped me to make my decision, it has not been easy..... In the process now of getting all the test I will need done and preparing for the surgery date. I hope I am able to get this done before the end of the year.
Thanks again, I will keep ya posted........Thanks again....
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/11 9:18 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Paul Dally Bypass or Sleeve????
An RNY ~can~ be reversed , but it is major surgery & it is basically considered irreversable . I was self pay as well . That's rough , but worth it , if you can somehow swing it . I don't know much about the sleeve , so I can't give an opinion . I haven't heard anything negative about it . I had a Medial RNY , which is uncommon . It has a little better success rate than a proximal RNY & has less severe side affects than the Distal RNY . Because of my arthritis , I do wish I had had a surgical option that would have allowed me to take NSAIDS afterwards . You can't take Ibuprophen or other NSAIDS after an RNY . Good luck with making your choice .

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/11 8:50 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: DONT GO TO UW!!!
I am so shocked to hear about your horrible treament . I had my Tummy Tuck done there through the residents program & couldn't have asked for better care . I did end up spending the night & they were very attentive . I haven't ever gone through their ER . It was irresponsiple for them to let you go after having Morphine . Wow ! I hope you wrote a complaint .

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/11 8:40 am - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
I was shocked to hear about his retirement . I heard from a friend . I haven't gotten a letter .

canonico
on 8/20/11 4:02 am - WA
Topic: RE: Bariatric Surgery at Madigan/Fort Lewis/Wellness Test question
 They are called Premier protien and yes they are awesome

Doey
on 8/16/11 2:21 pm - Puyallup, WA
Topic: A week away
I am a week out from surgery and getting more nervous; I am sure this is normal and par for the course. But, my emotions are all over the place....one minute happy, then sad, then angry, then grateful...it is like being on a roller coaster and it is driving me nuts. When does it end...how long will this last? My girlfriend is being great about all this and very supportive, she has not once scolded me or ran away; god bless her and thank you to him for giving me her.
Doey

Laurie_E-B
on 8/10/11 1:53 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Bariatric Surgery at Madigan/Fort Lewis/Wellness Test question
Ditto the chocolate shakes called PROTEIN from Costco. Wonderful and 30 grams protein in a box! 

Most Active