Recent Posts

sallyj
on 8/29/11 4:11 am - Spokane, WA
Topic: RE: Moving to Spokane
Thank you, I will definitely look into the Rockwood clinic.
EricW
on 8/29/11 3:21 am, edited 8/29/11 3:27 am - Kettle Falls, WA
Topic: RE: Moving to Spokane
I know there is a good one (or two) in Spokane though I have not been there myself.  A quick call to the Rockwood Clinic should get ya hooked up.  The lady that runs the meetings is a WLS patient and I have head good things abut her.  I want to say her name is Barbara, but I want to say my Moms name is Helen, and thats not right either.  Take it for what its worth, I'm mental.  lol. 

I am a couple hours north of Spokane but know the area well if you have any other questions that I can answer a little bit of but not for sure.  No, really, I don't mind.  Good luck.  EW

Edit:

Did a quick Spokane search and found this from a few years ago.  Might be a place to start.

Hi There!!  I am not the best one to give directions..Being a retired school bus driver.. I pretty much go by land marks.
  It is  a t the Rockwood Clinic  Beariatric Center.. but not at the Rockwood Clinic on 5th.. I tell people it is in the parking garage at Sacred Heart Hospital.  After you park come up on the elevator to Level 7.  The room # is  770. We meet at 6:00 the 3rd Thursday of every month.  If you aren't there by 5:45 you aren't going to find a place to sit.  It is very well attended.  On that nite only they validate parking.
  In January they will begin to have 2 different meetings a month.. and at a different site.
 Please feel welcome.  We would be glad to se you and welcome any input you may have.
 I do know there is also a group at Holy Family.. but I don't any information onn that one.
  Good luck to you.  Alice
EricW
on 8/28/11 3:32 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
Topic: Sandy's request for before/after pics
The return email addy is no good.  Tried to send some and all were returned.  Post up a new mail addy and I'll try again.  EW
butercup
on 8/25/11 6:02 pm - Kennewick, WA
Topic: RE: Paul Dally Bypass or Sleeve????
I STRONGLY suggest you check out dsfacts.com before you make any solid decisions. I was on the path for a RNY and I'm glad I've changed course. Please search ALL of your options.

Think of this, would you like a surgery that you would lose 80%-100% of your excess weight?

Would you like your diabetes to have a 98% cure rate after surgery?

No dumping.

No food getting "stuck".

You KEEP your pyloric valve and have a real working stomach.

You have statistically higher chance at keeping your weight off long term.

You can have NSAIDS.

Check out the revision board and see what they are saying about the DS.

Also, you have an amazing DS surgeon already in Washington. You don't need to travel far.

Obviously you personally need more than restriction to be successful. The DS is amazing when you have a vetted surgeon preform it, that's essential. You will need to have a more extensive vitamin regimen, but you'd need vitamins after a RNY too.

Please research it.
sallyj
on 8/24/11 11:50 pm - Spokane, WA
Topic: Moving to Spokane
I will be moving to Spokane in mid-Sept. and am looking for a support group.  Anyone here attend one?  Any information is appreciated.  I had the RNY six years ago.

Thanks,
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/23/11 1:49 pm, edited 8/23/11 1:49 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?

Yeah , Dr. Oh doesn't hide his feelings well . @ my 1st meeting with him after my initial consultation I had gained 2 pounds (which could have been water) . He asked me sternly if I thought I could handle his pre-requisites ? I said yes . I never got that reaction again , thank goodness . The night I had my surgery (8 PM) I told him "Dr. Oh , I lost 30 pounds". I was required to lose 20 . He said " Good , now you don't need surgery ". & he laughed . Lol . I wonder if he was unhappy with the Franciscan network ? Things really changed alot after they joined that .

vitalady
on 8/23/11 1:21 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Only since 1993. I saw him in Dec. He was not very happy about several things. At least he wasn't mad at me. He wasn't' specific, but his face gives away the game.

I reminded him that he could not retire because he would always be 2 years younger than me, and that would not be right. He seemed to think that was oh so funny.

I knew I shoulda kept his home # when I had it!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/23/11 12:24 pm - Buckley, WA
Topic: RE: Paul Dally Bypass or Sleeve????
I'm glad you've made a choice that you're comfortable with . That's half the battle .

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/23/11 12:18 pm - Buckley, WA
I know ... And you have a very long history with him . I last went in a year ago . I didn't see him , I saw his PA . What a surprise !

vitalady
on 8/22/11 2:06 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Topic: RE: New to the site
We have support groups in Puyallup. 2 per month. I'm nearly 17 years out, my husband is 16.

I travel in the summer to the ASMBS conferences and should have been home for the August meetings, but we had a major breakdown, so am in Omaha. I'd BETTER be home for the Sept meetings! Fortunately, we attend groups around the country as we travel, so we're not without support.

Some ppl without altered guts believe we get too much air with a straw. Others believe we get LESS with a straw because we are drinking from the bottom of the glass. I prefer a straw with some things, others I prefer straight. If I get air, I'll burp. Pretty simple, huh?

our groups are near South Hill the next pair will be Sept 13 and 14, 7pm

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active