Recent Posts

Amberbear31
on 9/11/11 1:29 pm - Federal Way, WA
Topic: RE: New here but not to WLS........
Kay, I had the band for 9 months, lost 119 pounds, then lost it due to infection introduced during my last fill... regained all of my weight back over a few years and just had sleeve gastrectomy June 27, 2011.. Although it is still restrictive only, it IS different than the band. VSG would probably be closer to the band as you have a pouch like the band and it's harder to get things down. sleeve gastectomy doesn't have problems getting things down, just much smaller "holding area" like VSG because about 80% of my stomache is GONE.
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
Heleena33
on 9/9/11 1:04 pm - Custer, WA
Topic: RE: Burning

Sounds like indigestion.  My dr recommended maalox liquid.  Works great!!

Good LUCK

Helen

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

sniffles722002
on 9/5/11 2:49 pm - Puyallup, WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
I was told that Dr Oh retired for medical reasons.  Apparently he has a bad back. 
1Blessed4life
on 9/4/11 9:15 pm
Topic: RE: Fort Lewis Support Meetings Q
We just moved to WA in July, so I don't know of any other support groups off Post. I have attended the one on Post at the Madigan Army Medical Center on Tues. 3-4pm, & heard there was another one on Post at ACS on Thurs evenings.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image 
 HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

Massagelady
on 9/3/11 4:16 am
Topic: RE: Why did it have to be water?
 I find that crysal light goes down a lot better then plain water.  hope that helps!

Massagelady
on 9/2/11 2:56 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
 I started with Dr. Oh almost a year ago.  I was so disappointed with his staff, who made multiple mistakes regarding my insurance I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get my bypass.  I finally had it scheduled with Dr. Oh on July 15.  But that was not to  be, he quit on the 13th and they canceled my surgery!  Talk about being very Peeved!  I ended up switching to Dr. Srikanth and was so happy with him and his staff!!  The all Rock! 

I am 15 days out from surgery and doing well!!!     

Hislady
on 9/2/11 8:27 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Henia Repari and Pannus removal
Steve it appears that you are a Christian, please join us on the Christianity forum, just click on the link in my siggy line then bookmark us. Hope to see you there!
Silver55foxman
on 9/1/11 8:57 am
Thank you, I finally got one of two drains out, and the second one is slowing down on draining. I am hoping it will be taken out. But thank you responding. Best wishes
God bless
steve simon
Hislady
on 9/1/11 8:43 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats, it's always great when our surgeries go well. Must be a relief  to get rid of the panni! Hope you continue to do well!
Silver55foxman
on 8/31/11 6:41 am
Topic: Henia Repari and Pannus removal
Hi, I had my hernia reparied, i shoud say (three) and i had my 13.5 pound pannus removed, i am 15 days post op from the plastic surgery and doing awesome
Most Active