Recent Posts

A H.
on 12/6/11 4:59 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Topic: RE: Hey new to this section
Welcome,
and congrats on your VSG and your pregnancy!  I haven't been on the boards for a while. I was banded in 07 and now am looking to revise to a sleeve. I have one daughter who is 20.5 months and hoping to have another little one post-sleeve.

Sounds like you have had no complications with either the sleeve or pregnancy so far?
Meginsf
on 12/5/11 1:00 pm - WA
Topic: Hey new to this section
Hi everyone iv been a member of OH for a wile but i just now found the WA state board. I have only lived in wa for about a year my husband is in the navy witch brought us here. Im about 18 months post op I had the VSG on june 29th and im now 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
MsLove01
on 12/3/11 5:10 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Fife support group is tomorrow
Does the group still meet?
Marlene

KelleeMatlock
on 12/3/11 2:46 pm - Tacoma, WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
Have you been able to find any info about what happened? Cause that is really odd for FHS!
Rochelle E.
on 11/30/11 6:11 am - WA
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
I was in the office on Monday 11/28 and was informed that Dr Harai has resigned.  I am shocked.  Now the office only has Kimberly Smits and no surgeon.  There must be something going on with the St Francis network for both surgeons to leave back to back.  I accepted that Dr Oh retired but Dr Harai quit. 

What is going on?? 
EverydayJoan
on 11/25/11 3:27 am - Yelm, WA
Topic: Anyone have a belt lipectomy/panni removal at Madigan?
I'm having my procedure done through general surgery in January and am interested in talking with others who have been through it. Anyone????

Cheers,
Joan

Susan O.
on 11/23/11 4:40 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Thru Thick n' Thin Support Group Nov 28
You are invited to attend the Thru Thick N' Thin Support Group Meeting on Monday, November 28th,  (and every 4th Monday of the month) from 5:30pm until 7:30pm. It will be held at the Pierce County Fire Station #61, 100 114th Street S (off Pacific Ave.), Parkland, WA 98444. Everyone is welcome, it doesn't matter who your doctor is, what surgery type, pre or post -op, non-surgical losers or how long it's been since you've been to a support group. Adults only,  Please come in the back door, and please silence your cell phones.
NOTE: The December meeting (only) will be the 3rd Monday- December 19th from 5:30-7:30 pm, same location.
Hope to see you on Monday!
Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

invisible2
on 11/17/11 1:09 pm
Topic: Virginia Mason and Dr. Lily Chang
Has anyone had surgery at Virignia Mason?  Dr. Lily Chang will do my surgery if all goes as planned.  Does anyone have any comments or advise?  The staff at VM seemed great and Dr. Chang seemed really nice.
goals2behad
on 11/6/11 11:57 am
Topic: Tri-Cities Area
 I am looking for a support group in the Tri-Cities area. I am also looking for people who had surgery with Dr. Earl Fox. Thank you so much!
comedychick1
on 10/27/11 6:04 am, edited 10/26/11 6:08 pm - WA
Topic: RE: New to OH
Hey Kathy!
I completely understand what you are saying about being over of dieting and trying to lose weight. I'm tired of that too. I don't want to yo yo anymore and I'm most certainly done with feeling like a failure. My thought is after weight loss surgery, we will be on strict post op plans and WON'T have to think about it because we will have a strict regimen to follow: liquids for two weeks, then puree'd and lastly soft solids. We'll start losing weight right away and be highly motivated to follow the plan - I just know it!!!! :)
I'm really sorry to hear that you had issues with the band. The thought of slippage is one of the main reasons I decided against it. In addition to wanting to lose more weight than it allows in a quicker time frame. The gastric sleeve is the perfect surgery for me, it's not as invasive as the bypass and has a very high success rate. I'm having my surgery done at Southwest Washington Medical Center. They have an amazing bariatric program and have the center of excellence accredidation. Everyone has been absolutely wonderful and I shot straight through the program, there were no barriers. My experience has been wonderful, not to mention that at SWWMC, they have not had one patient that has had leakage from the sleeve (knock on wood). Great success! My surgery is 14,500, I don't mind you asking at all. Thank you for the kind words. I wish you luck also. It's great to meet people going through the same process and have an opportunity to support one another. Nice to meet you too!!!
Most Active