Recent Posts

formerfluffy
on 12/14/11 2:36 am - WA
Topic: RE: Woke up with a sleeve.....
Hi,
I had a sleeve on June 29th of this year and have lost over 60 pounds so far.......and still losing!  I LOVE my sleeve.  I cant imagine having anything else. It is the easiest tool to work with as you will find.  It is just the thing I needed to help me curb my appetite.  I was hungry all the time before surgery, and now I NEVER get hungry!  I eat what I want when I want, just in very small portions!  You will love it when you dont have any other side effects to deal with!
Enjoy......and wishing you the very BEST!  You WILL DO IT!
Tina

formerfluffy
on 12/14/11 2:28 am - WA
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
To help our readers I called all of the following and did an inquiry on 12/14/2011 and following is the outcome of my calls when asking them if they took Medicare of Medicaid for Bariatric Surgery:
Virginia Mason 1-800-354-9527 They bill Medicare, and Medicaid as a Secondary.  No Medicaid direct.
University of Washington Medical Center 206-598-2274  They DO accept Medicaid or Medicare

Overlake Medical Clinic 425-467-3957 No answer

Swedish Weight Loss Services 206-215-3099  They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass only.

St Francis Center for Weight Loss 1-800-823-6525 They accept Medicare for Lapband and Bipass

Hope this helps some of you.  If you have any questions, you can call them direct, or call me at 206-227-4123

Tina

wdp1015
on 12/12/11 10:47 am, edited 12/12/11 10:57 am
Topic: Fife support group is tomorrow
I wanted to remind everyone tomorrow is the fife WA support group.  Tuesday December 13TH at 6:30 PM at the Poodle Dog restaurant.  We have a private room reserved in the back.  The Holidays are right around the corner and now is a geat time to build your circle of support.

I will be having a raffle for a small gift basket.  If you have any old clothes you would like to donate, feel free to bring them in.  We have an area set up to exchange clothing items at every meeting.

We meet the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30.  All are welcome to attend.  I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Poodle Dog
1522 54Th Ave E
Fife WA 98424

Wendy

kayjay50
on 12/11/11 12:47 pm - Castle Rock, WA

Thanks I hope so.....I will keep everyone informed.....

Hislady
on 12/11/11 7:57 am - Vancouver, WA
I would bet you do just great. I read the sleeve forum all the time (because I'd like to revise to that some day) and they seem to be a happy bunch. There are lots of success stories, I think if you stick to the high protein, low carb diet that most of them do you should be fine. Best of luck to you!!
EverydayJoan
on 12/11/11 12:17 am - Yelm, WA
kayjay50
on 12/10/11 10:35 am - Castle Rock, WA
Topic: Woke up with a sleeve.....
My surgery was Wednesday. The doc said it was possible I would wake up with the sleeve, and I did. I guess I had to much scar tissue to safely do the bypass. Not really sure how I feel about it yet. I just hope I can lose as well with it. Taking things real slow, so far so good....
Meginsf
on 12/6/11 1:55 pm - WA
Topic: Skagit county??
Anyone in Skagit county or one of the ighboring countys??
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Meginsf
on 12/6/11 1:54 pm - WA
Topic: RE: Hey new to this section
No not so far i think the werst for the sleeve was the recovery. i slept on the recliner for 6 weeks or so because my husband was gone (hes in the navy) and i didnt want to risk sleeping in bed and not being able to get up from it. The pregnancy is going well. I had an ultrasound today to make sure the baby is growing properly and the tech said yes she looks good. So i was happy to hear that. I hope you are able to get your VSG soon. Mine worked wonders for me.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
A H.
on 12/6/11 5:06 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Topic: Support group on Eastside?
Anyone aware of any support groups on the EastSide? I am specifically hoping to connect with VSG patients, better yet Band-to-sleeve revisions.

Dr. Srikanth is my surgeon down south but I live in Duvall and work in Kirkland, I really hate the drive to Federal Way so I only made 2 support group meetings after being banded in 07. 
I would like to attend meetings somewhere but I have a toddler and making an hour plus drive just doesn't work for me.

Something in the Issaquah-Bellevue-Kirkland-Redmond-Lynnwood area would work..?
Most Active