Recent Posts

Susan O.
on 12/18/11 5:31 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Thru Thick N' Thin - 1 week early this month!
  Join us on Monday, December 19, 2011 from 5:30pm until 7:30pm, for the Thru Thick N' Thin Support Group Meeting. (Note: this is one week early this month - usually held on 4th Monday.)
You are welcome to bring a "bariatric friendly" snack to share for our "week before Christmas" meeting. It will be at Pierce County Fire Station #61, 100 114th Street S (off Pacific Ave.), Parkland, WA 98444. 
  Give yourself the gift of support this Christmas! 

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 5:18 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: RE: New South End Support Group
Hi Wendy,

Are you still doing the support group? I live in University Place (near Tacoma) and would love to come to a support meeting.

Thanks,
Theresa
free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 5:12 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: RE: Any male sleevers > 1 year post op?
Hello,
I am trying to get the sleeve, but my current insurance will not cover it. I'm trying to find an insurance that will. Can you let me know what insurance you have that covered your surgery?

Thank you so much for your help!
free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 5:09 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: RE: Woke up with a sleeve.....
Would you guys with the sleeve let me know what insurance company you have? My current insurance won't cover it, but my husband's insurance is up for review in January so we have a few different companies to choose from. I hoping one of them will cover the sleeve.

Thanks for your help :)

And great job you guys!!!
free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 5:03 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: RE: KPS insurance and the sleeve???
Thanks...I'm going to try.
But luckily my husband just let me know that our insurance is up for review, and since he works for the post office, there are many different companies to choose from. I think next week, I will start calling them. Hopefully one will cover the sleeve and I won't have to fight for it.

Thanks!
Theresa
Hislady
on 12/16/11 7:27 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: KPS insurance and the sleeve???
Kinda depends on why it was denied. If it is because they don't consider it a good surgery or maybe they just never cover it. It can't hurt to try an appeal. I just saw a gal on the revision board get approved for a surgery that she's been working on for 3 years, so I guess persistance pays off.
Massagelady
on 12/15/11 10:26 am
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
 I don't know what is going on at that office, but I am sure glad I didn't get my surgery there.  Dr. Srikanth is sooo much better!  I've had nothing but good interactions with his staff as well.

I've had the RNY and it has been great!  I can't say that I wished I'd known anything before hand.  I've been blessed that I've not had any issues or complications. I'm totally glad I had the surgery!  I'm down 50 pounds and have about 35 to go.  I feel great!  

I wouldn't be afraid of the RNY if it comes down to you having to have that versus nothing at all.
Good Luck!!
free4l1fe
on 12/15/11 9:26 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: KPS insurance and the sleeve???
Does anyone here have KPS insurance? I was denied for the gastric Sleeve. That is what I really want. Is there anyone who appealed the denial and was able to get it approved? Any help would be GREAT!!!

Thanks!
free4l1fe
on 12/15/11 9:22 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: RE: Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?
Hello,

I had the same thing happen to me, but with Dr. Harrai in the same office. Now I am with Srikanth and he seems wonderful. I had my surgery scheduled for Dec. 29th but cancelled it today because my insurance will only cover the band and the bypass. I REALLLLYY want to get the sleeve, so I am going to try to appeal my insurance denial for it. If that doesn't work then I will do the RNY. I see its been a few months since your surgery. How do you feel now? I'm so scared of the bypass because it is so extensive.
Is there anything that you know now that you wish you would have known before the surgery?

formerfluffy
on 12/14/11 2:45 am - WA
Topic: RE: Fife support group is tomorrow
YES!  This group is scheduled to meet every SECOND TUESDAY of each month thru the year 2012.  We have the room booked that is in the middle between the restaurant and the bar.  FEBRUARY is special and will be on Monday the 13 due to the Valentine Holiday!  Other than that, hope to see you at a meeting soon!  2nd Tue of every month! 6:30 - 8:30 at the Poodle Dog in Fife!

Most Active