Recent Posts

Hislady
on 5/10/15 3:28 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Support Groups?

It seems most are affiliated with hospitals so I would suggest you try calling a few in the area you want and see if they have any info and if you have to be a patient of a particular surgeon to attend them. Good luck!

Jody S.
on 5/5/15 7:45 am
VSG on 07/29/15
Topic: Support Groups?

I was wondering if we can get a list of support groups in the area.  I personally would like something in Pierce or South King County (preferably Pierce) but am at a loss as to where to even look. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trueblue2life
on 5/4/15 8:32 am - Tenino, WA
RNY on 05/20/15
Topic: RE: Olympia / Centralia group?

I'm in Tenino and I would love to see if there is a support group anywhere close. I'm just over two weeks out from my RNY. 

C. Dove
on 4/12/15 2:06 pm - Centralia, WA
Topic: RE: Olympia / Centralia group?

I was wondering the same thing

Brandy G.
on 4/10/15 6:31 am
DS on 08/20/14
Topic: Meeting in Bellevue on April 11th.

http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/events/221022329/?a=cr2_grp&rv= cr2&_af=event&_af_eid=221022329, The Seattle Area DS meet-up group is getting together this Saturday at the Bellevue Library.  They welcome all surgery types and stages. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Pianolover
on 4/2/15 1:02 pm
Topic: RE: Fife Support Group

Will this support group be meeting sometime in April? I live near Fife and would like to join!

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

Hislady
on 3/26/15 9:35 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: New here

Congrats I'm in another part of the state so no help with that, what I can say is stay away from the lap band it is a horrible failure for most of us who have had them. Other than that all the rest are good surgeries. It's quite a journey full of ups and downs so be prepared for it. For most it is a good trip, just make sure you deal with any demons before hand such as food addiction or mental health issues that aren't resolved yet.

Brandy G.
on 3/25/15 9:53 am
DS on 08/20/14
Topic: RE: Active Seattle/Eastside Meetings?

Just wanted to post a note saying that this meeting is starting up again, but at least for April at the Bellevue Library.

http://www.meetup.com/wls-90/

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Angelmomma
on 3/25/15 7:46 am
Topic: New here

Hi All

I am on the pathway to have WLS.  Not sure which one yet.  Will be having it done at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma WA.  Have been researching this for a while and looking forward to it. 

dewy3
on 3/23/15 1:45 pm - Rochester, WA
Topic: Olympia / Centralia group?

Is there any kind of support group in Thurston county (Olympia/Tumwater) or Lewis county (Centralia/Chehalis)? 

Most Active