Recent Posts

A H.
on 1/5/12 4:20 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Topic: RE: Support group on Eastside?
Sweet!  Hey well maybe we'll just start small and have to grow our group! I am also waiting my pre-certification but have a "dummy" surgery date of 1/17 for my revision to VSG. Thanks for responding. I am thinking maybe of organizing something for February. It would be nice to have a local group of us to support each other.
NextChapter14
on 1/5/12 1:51 am
I would be interested. I am waiting final approval for the sleeve. I live in Sammamish.    
A H.
on 1/3/12 1:22 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Topic: RE: Seattle STOP Obesity 5k walk
Hi Paula thanks for posting this! I would normally be into this but I'm going to be having revision surgery a few days prior so will be in no shape to walk more than around the block. Perhaps next year!

Hopefully others will be able to go.
Paula K.
on 1/3/12 4:03 am - Redmond, WA
Topic: Seattle STOP Obesity 5k walk
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2548560814/efbnen

anyone want to join me on this?  Just wanted to make sure you all knew about it.

Paula
A H.
on 1/2/12 9:49 am, edited 1/3/12 1:18 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Topic: RE: Anyone have DS surgery in Seattle area?
 I'd check with Dr. Srikanth www.centerforweightlosssurgery.com
He has been doing bariatric surgery around 20 years, one of the most experienced/best in the region. He has been doing the DS for many years.  He was my band surgeon and will be doing my revision to VSG soon. I really like him. 

Edit: I think my dr. IS the only one in WA. Or one of the only ones.  He is excellent btw. And he performs surgeries at Evergreen as well as St. Francis.
aronsmom
on 1/1/12 9:19 am - Des Moines, WA
Topic: Anyone have DS surgery in Seattle area?
I'm looking for a surgeon in the Seattle area that is experienced with DS. I have been on the dsfacts site and there is only one doctor listed for Washington.

Corrie
Banded March 2005 -awaiting insurance approval for revision
Join me at   weightlosssurgery.proboards.com
Posted Image

kayjay50
on 12/31/11 4:02 am - Castle Rock, WA
Topic: RE: Woke up with a sleeve.....

Thanks everyone, I am now about 3 weeks out and doing well. I must say I feel like I could eat a lot more than I thought I would be able to. So far I am loving that I really have no hunger, just thoughts about eating. I still fear that I will not loose as well just hoping that it is just a fear. Sure is different than the band. I am not sure when i am full or not. I am afraid to over do it. So I stop usually when I think it should be enough. I am so curious as to what people eat on a daily basis. Would love to know what everyone eats in a typical day? Thanks again for the advise and support. Not sure how to update my ticker either, but I am down about 15 pounds since surgery so a total of 33 pounds since I started this journey.....

Amy P.
on 12/29/11 11:18 pm - Liberty Lake, WA

Hey there! When I first saw your post I thought 'yes...finally another person from Spokane' ~ but I guess you didn't mean THAT far east .

I hope you find a group closer to you. I am just about 9 months out and due to scheduling, I haven't been able to make it to any of the support groups here~but I do follow on OH and try to use this site to keep me focused.

Take care and happy new year!
Amy

HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

kitavonkanada
on 12/29/11 9:52 am
Topic: New to Everett WA - need support group
 Hi there, 

I had surgery (gastric bypass) 3 years ago in Texas.  Then moved to Japan and am now back in the states.  Looking for a support group.  Anyone have any info?

Thanks 
Kelsey
...and I still do it, cause every choice has a consequence, never made mistakes, never had made no progress man... -Classified
nothingtastesasgoodasthin.blogspot.com - My story
The day I got control back - RNY - September 25th, 2008.

julezo
on 12/28/11 11:45 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
Topic: Starting Support Group in Bonney Lake WA anyone interested??
Hello, I had Lap Band surgery a year ago and am trying to start a local support group in Bonney Lake, WA anyone interested?? Thought would meet twice a month. Would like to get started ASAP, but need members let me know if you are interested.
Most Active