Recent Posts

Hislady
on 1/21/12 7:46 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Confused between RNY and DS
Another drawback of the DS is you must make sure you can afford and will comply with the vitamin requirements. You have lots of them to take and you must get labs done faithfully. That said the DS has been very successful for many people. You might post this on the DS board, they'll be glad to help out or try I believe it is dsfacts.com for lots of info.
invisible2
on 1/21/12 7:00 am
Topic: RE: New to Everett WA - need support group
Hi Kelsey,

Did you find a support group?  I was having the same problem where I live.  A few of us are going to get together for the first time the first weekend in February in Bellingham.  It might be a bit of a trip for you but I know you will be welcomed if you choose to attend.
I haven't had surgery yet - hopefully the beginning of March.  My heart went out to you because my daughter's name is Kelsey.  I'd be happy to lend you any support I can until you find a group. 

Take care,
Kathy
invisible2
on 1/21/12 6:42 am
Topic: RE: Bellingham Support Group
Bless your heart, Eunice!  I'm so looking forward to meeting you and any others who are interested in getting a support group together.  I know, for myself, this journey is something that will be so much easier if I can share it with people who truely understand.
Kathy
eunicemaythompson1

on 1/21/12 2:35 am - WA
Topic: RE: Skagit county??
hi my name is Eunice i live in Bellingham and am trying to try a support group in my home if your interested please let me know thanks

eunicemaythompson1

on 1/21/12 2:33 am - WA
Topic: Bellingham Support Group
hi my name is Eunice Baxter and im inviting anyone in the Bellingham Area who doesnt have a support group to contact me about having a group meet in my home. so we can get to know one another and be a support for one another in our journeys. if your interested please leave me a message on my my profile thanks

Autumn Jensen
on 1/20/12 10:38 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
Topic: support groups
ANY SUPPORT GROUPS IN LIND, RITZVILLE, MOSES LAKE AREA?

Autumn Jensen
on 1/20/12 10:36 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
Topic: RE: Support group on Eastside?
I thought the same as AmyP but nope. I'm in Lind.

Autumn Jensen
on 1/20/12 10:31 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
I have Dr. Mathew Rawlins in Spokane at the Rockwood Surgical Goup/Weigh Loss Surgery Center They are awesome!
Phone: 509-755-5120
Address: 910 West 5th Ave Suite 800 Spokane, WA  99204

There is also a Dr. Spitz and a Dr. Bright

Bariatric Case Managers are Deanna Verrett and Theresa Forsman
Kathereine Lefler RD

Hope this Helps!

rainbowmuffin
on 1/20/12 3:05 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Confused between RNY and DS
 Oh and any doctor suggestions would be awesome. Preferably ones that don't cost $30,000
rainbowmuffin
on 1/20/12 3:00 am - Canada
Topic: Confused between RNY and DS
 I've finally made the decision to get surgery. I've determined that I just cannot lose this weight on my own, and now my body is falling apart. My back hurts everyday, my shoulders hurt, I get foot and knee pain, it's become hard to exercise. I go to massage once a week, but I'm still dealing with pain.

Up until this morning I had decided on getting RNY, but I was browsing the forums and someone mentioned DS.
The things that appeal to me about DS is the increased weight loss, no dumping (which makes me nervous at the same time) and the ability to continue taking ibuprofen ( I get migraines)
The things that worry me is the diarrhea (I'm already on medication that sometimes changes my bowel movements) and the increased chance of the surgery having to be done open. 
I'm worried anyway about not being able to have it done laparoscopically with the RNY, I'm around 400lbs and 5'10" and I really really don't want to have a big scar. 

I really need help deciding what to do. 
I don't have the money to get one operation and then switch to another, it's all self pay because I'm from Canada.
Most Active