Recent Posts

wdp1015
on 2/12/12 9:12 am
Topic: Fife C.A.R.E tomorrow
Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that this months support group is tomorrow  and NOT Tuesday due to Valentines Day.  We will be meeting at 6:30 at the Poodle Dog in Fife. 

We will be having Rose Cowan as our guest speaker.  She will be sharing her inspiring story with us.  Rose has been featured on The Today Show, Oprah, as well as the Dr. Oz Show.  We are very thankful to have her.

We will also be trying some protein bar samples.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

If you have any questions you can pm me or send me an email to [email protected]

Wendy P.

Brenda C.
on 2/1/12 8:30 am
Topic: Covington, This Saturday - SPS Support
Hey All!  Are you looking for a support group that is accepting of all?  Well, if you are in the South Puget Sound Area, SPS - South Puget Sound Support - meets twice a month, First Saturday & Third Thursday of every month.  http://spssupport.info/index.htm  is a quick look at the site, we are also on Facebook -- friend me & I will send you an invite (Barbarian Brenda - [email protected])

We will be meeting at the Covington Public Library at 4pm on Saturday, February 4th - so come and say hello!  We welcome every surgery type, and non surgical folks as well!

Brenda : )~
goals2behad
on 1/29/12 12:45 pm
Topic: RE: Tri-Cities Area
I don't think there is one in the area. I was trying to meet some people before having surgery. No luck. I did talk to the DR about it. He said they have tried several times. Couldn't get enough people to show regularly.
vld22
on 1/29/12 11:01 am - West Richland, WA
Topic: RE: Tri-Cities Area
I did not have surgery with him, but am looking for a support group too.  Have you found one yet?
vld22
on 1/29/12 10:45 am - West Richland, WA
Topic: RE: support groups
I would like to know if there are any Support Groups in the Tri-Cities Area?
eunicemaythompson1

on 1/29/12 5:34 am - WA
Topic: RE: Bellingham Support Group
If anyone is interested we will be meeting Sat Febuary 18th at 2oclock. If yur interested please let me know and ill get you the address.
Brenda C.
on 1/26/12 9:06 am
Topic: RE: support groups
Hello Autumn,

Have you contacted your surgeons office?  Or did you get surgery elsewhere, but need a local group?  I am not in your area, but hope you find a group.  Have you ever considered TOPS?  Take Off Pounds Sensibly -- they are non-profit and offer EXCELLENT support -- tops.org

Hope some of this helps!
Brenda : )~
Brenda C.
on 1/26/12 9:04 am
Topic: In Fife, will have special speaker, Rose Cowan

Sponsored by C.A.R.E.—  South Puget Sound Area Weight Loss Support Group

My name is Rose Cowan. I am recovering from a life time of food addiction. 5 years ago I weighed 310LBS and had BP of 190/110 I was pre Diabetic and suffering from a herniated disk in my lower back. I know about New Year Resolutions because I made the same Resolution 20 times. I swam in the River Denial. When I finally made that change, lost weight and got healthy, I found my Life, my Joy ,my Passion!

She was born and raised here in Puyallup, and has been an inspiration to thousands!

Monday February 13th 6:30 pm

Poodle Dog Restaurant

1522 54th Ave E, Fife, WA98424

Susan O.
on 1/22/12 11:51 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: We're with you - Thru Thick N' Thin!
 Please join us Monday, Jan 23rd from 5:30-7:30 pm for the Thru Thick N' Thin Weight Loss Support Group! Persons with any surgery, surgeon, or non-surgical weight loss are welcome along with their adult support person. Please bring pen & paper. Looking forward to seeing you!

Pierce County Fire Station #61, 100 114th Street S, Parkland, WA 98444.
(From Hwy 512, take Pacific Ave/SR 7 exit south. Immediately get into 1st  left turn lane, and turn left at 112th St., Take first right onto A St., and go south to Violet Meadows  and turn right, then into FS parking lot. Come in back door (knock if locked!). Please remember to silence your cell phones.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

eunicemaythompson1

on 1/22/12 3:27 am - WA
Topic: RE: Bellingham Support Group
i totally agree. i am looking forward to it.

Most Active