Recent Posts

JoyceannTuck
on 3/13/12 10:41 am - DEER PARK, WA
Lap Band on 04/07/11 with
Topic: RE: Torani @ cash & carry bellingham?
Hi Nikkal.  My son lives in Surrey, so Hello across the border!   I'm originally from Nelson, BC.

Yes Cash and Carry is still opened in Bellingham

Cash&Carry #552 - Bellingham, WA 405 OHIO STREET
BELLINGHAM, WA 98225
360-676-7360

Now I can't say for sure, if they carry the coffee flavoring syrups, but can confidently say they carry both brands at the store in Everett.  I don't see why they wouldn't carry the same items at the Bellingham store...
onefunolygirl
on 2/28/12 11:26 am - Olympia, WA
Topic: X-Post Plastics: Anyone use Dr Gavin Dry in Kirkland WA?
Have my consult on March 6th with Dr Gavin Dry.  Just looking for any input good or bad.

Thanks in Advance!

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

Shotrod64
on 2/28/12 5:28 am - Spanaway, WA
Topic: RE: Looking for WLS friendly doc in Spanaway area
Anywhere in tacoma area would be good
Shotrod64
on 2/27/12 4:30 pm - Spanaway, WA
Topic: Looking for WLS friendly doc in Spanaway area
I'm needing a doctor who is wls friendly and is part of the tricare insurance network. Thinking of a revision down the road and would be great to have one familiar and approving of WLS. Doesn't have to be right in town. A personality would be great too! Any suggestions would be super!
Need to find one soon for present health issues also.

Thanks!
merrillee
on 2/26/12 11:07 pm - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
Topic: RE: I'm back....
Hey Kelly,

Great to hear from you!  No group in Gig Harbor as far as I know.  I moved to Seattle almost 2  years ago. 

So what's going on with you?  Nice to catch up!

Take care,
Merrillee

kakkling
on 2/26/12 2:49 pm - Tac, WA
Topic: RE: I'm back....
 Merrillee, 

I am glad to hear you are back, but so sorry to hear you lost your band. I know a few people who go to Dr  McMahon, and they really like him.

Do they still have the support group in Gig Harbor? I miss that group. I know you sure helped me when I was getting ready for my surgery.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care of yourself.
Kelly
Hislady
on 2/26/12 10:11 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Hello WA! Looking for aftercare MD
I'm not from that area but I think Dr. Oh is in that area and he is quite good from what I've read. Also I know a gal in that area that runs a support group that may be able to help you, I'll send her her to let you know. Welcome to the great NW.
byoungatheart
on 2/26/12 8:38 am - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/02/12 with
Topic: Hello WA! Looking for aftercare MD
Hello All!

I am having self-pay surgery in Mexico and am needing to find a great physician in the Seattle area for aftercare.  I am new to Seattle so not familiar with the medical community.  Any suggestions.  I also look forward to joining some local support groups - are there any in seattle or W seattle?

Thanks for your help! 

Starting weight 289, Pre-Op 274, Month 1: 252, Month 20 - 173  -   find me on myfitnesspal: newme1875

merrillee
on 2/26/12 6:04 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 12/03/12
Topic: I'm back....

After quite a successful go with the lapband (installed April of 2007 with Dr. Oh in Federal Way), I had to have emergency surgery in November of 2010 to have it removed.  It had slipped and eroded into my stomach.  Very upsetting.  Also, because I didn't have insurance, I couldn't have a revision to sleeve or RNY at the time. Of course, I have gained a bunch of weight over the last 15 months--even though I have been very careful to eat less than 1300 calories a day and upped my physical exercise - which stinks.  BUT I do have really great (I think- hope-believe) insurance now and am looking at getting an RNY asap.  It looks like my insurance is going to require a 6 month medically supervised diet....which I think is dumb, having been a successful lap band patient.  But, I will do what it takes to get my body back. Hopefully I won't have to go through this ever again!  I am seeing Dr. McMahon at Swedish....mostly because my friend, George, is his ARNP. I am truly grateful I can continue on my journey....wish I didn't have to, of course, but still grateful.

Susan O.
on 2/23/12 3:40 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Topic: Ya'll come back now!
 Time to support yourself and your friends! See you Monday, Feb., 27th from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Thru Thick N' Thin Group Meeting, Parkland Fire Station 61, 114th & A St.. (Come in the back door, off Violet Meadows St,)
Looking forward to seeing you!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active