Recent Posts

free4l1fe
on 4/7/12 3:38 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Topic: RE: Pre Op advice
 Holy Moly...15 surgeries on your day? He is a busy busy man. Yes, he came by once and checked my stomach and asked how I was doing, and told me to stay the night.  My overall experiance was really great. Eveyone was so nice and accomidating. I was really impressed actually. It's so good to know going into a major surgery that you are in such good hands.
I know girl I am soooooo sick on the liquid diet as well. I see so may people on here who are aloud to eat way sooner than what we are aloud. But doctors orders I guess we have to be good :(
RehabRN
on 4/7/12 3:27 pm - WA
VSG on 04/11/12
 Excited yes! Frustrated with clear liquids and shakes as well. Yuck!!  Of course I just gotta keep plugging along. How was your post op experience? Does the doc come by? I heard there are 15 surgery on my date!!  
free4l1fe
on 4/7/12 2:45 pm, edited 4/7/12 2:46 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 physically, a ton better. Just a bit tender at my port site. I'm still trying really hard to get all my protien in. I'm pretty sick of the shakes. I'm sure once I start to eat real food, the shakes won't suck as bad.

But enough of my whining :)......How are you doing? 4 more days!!! Are you getting excited?
RehabRN
on 4/7/12 11:58 am - WA
VSG on 04/11/12
 How are you feeling??
Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/5/12 1:29 pm
Topic: Fife CARES Support Group Meeting
Hi everyone,

Fife CARES will be meeting at the Poodle Dog in Fife at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, April 10. Everyone is welcome.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

free4l1fe
on 4/4/12 11:40 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 I think this week has been harder than the preop. I think because I know I have 5 more weeks of this diet. But it's not forever... right:)

I'm moving around more though, I think once I feel 100% things will start to get better. 

I'm so excited for your sleeve. You're going to do great!
RehabRN
on 4/4/12 11:33 am - WA
VSG on 04/11/12
 The liquid diet is tough but ok. The protein shakes get tiring fast. But only a week left. Seems like there's lots to do. How are you feeling?  How's the first week been?!? 
dreamer3998445
on 4/4/12 5:54 am - WA
Topic: RE: TTNT Support Group Monday, March 26
is this support group for people who have had the gastric bypass surgery already?  If so when is the next meeting, I would love to join it.  thank you in advance for any information you can give me in this matter. 

LaDale
free4l1fe
on 4/4/12 4:37 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 How is your liquid diet going? I bet you are getting excited for surgery next week :)!
The hospital was such a great experiance, every single person I came into contact with there were so nice. They make sure you are as comfortable as possible. 
I hope you are doing well :)
healthylaurie
on 4/3/12 9:49 am - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/13/12
Topic: RE: Support group on Eastside?
There's a weight loss surgery support group at Overlake Hospital that meets twice a month. They meet once a month on Saturday and once a month on Thursday. The next two meetings are: Thursday, April 12 from 6-8 pm in the PACCAR Ed Center, Insight Room. Saturday April 28 from 10 am to noon, in the same place as Thursday.
Most Active